Morphing between sine and square via CV

Hey all,

I’m sure there’s an easy way to do this but I haven’t had any luck unless I was able to control the Limiter pre amount via CV/another unit.

The most stripped back version I came up with is Sine to Limiter to Offset. I have the offset because I want it to be unipolar. With this though, I haven’t got remote control of the Limiter Pre. I tried the custom Crossfade module but that acts as a mixer as opposed to a morph.

Any suggestions?

ps. This is to use the morphed waveform as a CV source as opposed to audio but that shouldn’t change the design.

Cheers!

Sine Osc to Limiter and morph using the Sine Osc’s level control.

I’m pretty sure I tried that but couldn’t drive the limiter hard enough to go full square wave. Even threw a VCA in between to try and amplify.

I’m not sure why you are having trouble with that. Here is a chain preset to illustrate:

sin2sqr.chain (5.4 KB)

4 Likes

Thanks for that Brian. Appreciated! It’s because I didn’t have a controller within the Sine level so I was unable to boost the signal 10x to smash it into a square. I knew there had to be a simple way. It’s now working beautifully with the Faderbank now too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes