My first patch... a set of VA drums (v.3.25)

va-drums.lua (44.6 KB)
So I just got my ER-301 and I am in love!!! I thought to myself “I have the synthesis elements here to make drums… why not build a drum machine?” so I did (Minus the sequencer as I have my 301 in a micro system with a Zeta Ohm Fluxus one). Feel free to critique this and share any thoughts as like I said, I am just now learning this thing and have had it about a week. once you open up the VA custome module you will see the kick snare and hi hat have a “GT” designation after them to tell you what gate triggers the module. there are quite a few envelopes used in each drum each triggered from that one gate, so if you change the gate, you are gonna need to dive in a bit.

3 Likes

a small note, I had yet to download any of the custom stuff from anyone on here yet, so I didnt really have a ring mod. I will likely improve some of these drum engines now that I see I have more building blocks!

suggestion:
if you have a gate that’s controlling more than one thing it’s best practice to create a custom control type=gate and to then assign that to all envelopes.
this way the user can just assign his preferred input for gate to the top level (custom control) gate in and it’s already mapped to all the envs and what not :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! yeah still learning the what is what of this module. that makes sense and I had kinda thought this would be possible. thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

you can also have ,say, a custom control type= linear to use it as routing node.
example:
put two custom linear controls, name them vco 1 and vco 2
inside each of them put a sine osc
now you can, example, modulate vco 1 sine freq with “vco 2” and vco 2 sine freq with “vco 1”
and so on…

1 Like

this module = love

check some of the existing custom units for examples of this sort of thing.
my chaos units are full of such types of routings for example

yeah I am just now downloading a bunch of custom modules. some great stuff in here

1 Like

welcome to the custom units tunnel! i’m waiting for the firmware update to go on with my units :slight_smile: have a truckload of stuff in the pipeline :smiley:

1 Like