Next batch

Thanks, I’ll drop you a line/mail, I hope that’s ok.

Oh yeah, I forgot we have a whole team in fact. Maybe we should organize a Belgian ER-301 orchestra some day. The Royal ER-301 Modular Orchestra of Belgium maybe?

3 Likes

Good idea! BE-ER-301, or Beer-301. Seems fitting. Throw in some fries and we have an event :joy:

3 Likes

I just ended up buying one used for too much money. Currently designing a system around a 301 and without a 301 it really wasn’t going to work very well.

1 Like

woof, yeah it’s brutal watching these listings. i refuse to put anything else in this 30hp hole i’ve been saving in my already minimal case.

2 Likes

You can always try making offers. It worked for me but I definitely still paid too much. Seems like a lot of these people are willing to come down more than you’d expect.

1 Like

Yes, I guess that’s one way to go.

I don’t know where you are, but I did a few calculations (including what I imagine the P&P would be 30€) and the Euro/JPY exchange rate at present. It seems to me that on the outside you should be paying 1000€, but a more precise calculation in Belgium (tax included) would be 905€. Meaning around 215€ in tax.

So, I have to say, when I see 1400€ and above, I’m a little less interested. The modular community is smallish, and OD devices are hard to come by. So, theoretically those who buy one of these modules should understand the situation - it reminds me of the Willy Wonka bars and those trying hard to make a profit on the back of others :roll_eyes:.

I understand that the ER-301 is very individual, but, so are many other modules (which are more easily available). So if needs be I can work with something else, until the day someone’s interested to pass one on at a reasonable rate, or, like the Wonka bars, I’m lucky enough to find a golden ticket (see the call for a new batch available) :grinning:.

Do record that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would like to join you. From germany. I think it’s worth the drive. (i’m actually in zeeland this week, though without the 301. But with an 8 string guitar…)

2 Likes

Hi Brian (@odevices), I see you say there’s no queue or waiting list at present? However, I noticed on Twitter - hmm, a year ago - you mentioned a waiting list, did something change?

Although I’m sure many people have said the same thing, surely a waiting list is the simplest (and fairest) option. I’d happily put my name down even I discovered I was at #500 (or higher). At least that way one can relax knowing that eventually you don’t have to worry about missing announcements (*). And, on your side, all you have to do is send out a mail to those lucky enough at the top of the list. Anyone who doesn’t reply within X days/weeks looses their place and the available module goes to the next person.

Making the waiting list visible on the forum would also be helpful for those to see where they stood (from time-to-time).

Lastly, as in @waxcorp situation, those that miss out due to unforeseen problems can relax knowing they will be next on the list automatically.

(*) = Anything not to have to prowl Twitter every other day :wink:

4 Likes

We had a “waiting list”-like setup a few years ago, so I assume Brian knows how to operate one. I’m sure he has other good reasons for why this hasn’t moved forward, yet.

And as I said further up in this thread, just define a if this then that applet that sends you a mail when odevices tweets. It’s free, simple enough to do and will give you freedom from having to anxiously check websites for announcements.

I know it’s frustrating, but sometimes the only thing to do is wait. I assume Brian is also not particularly happy about this situation, so I’m sure he’s doing what he can to resolve it.

2 Likes

I hope my post didn’t come across as criticising the system? I just thought that logically there’s no reason why you just can’t order a module, or in this case put your name down on a waiting list.

I indeed saw your suggestion, but to be quite honest - if I understand correctly - once Brian announces he has a few units to sell, they’re gone within minutes. I think many of us have enough of looking non stop at screens, and to add to the problem I have a job (teacher in secondary), and cannot keep an eye on a computer screen, or a smartphone (I don’t have one anyhow). I just thought that the good old fashioned way of getting into a cue seemed the simplest system, and the most fair too :wink:.

No worries, I don’t think your post came across mean or anything. But I think your worries are unfounded.

The last few times that units were sold, notice was given way in advance (about a week or so iirc). Also, Brian has said that there will be a waiting list. It’s just not clear when it will be established. So the next announcement will most likely just be about when the waiting list will be established and how to get on it or details on the progress of the challenges with manufacturing. I would be extremely surprised if the next tweet was just a “Store is open right now, get your modules”.

So what I’m saying is: You’re asking for something that was already promised. It’s just apparently not time for it, yet.

1 Like

Sounds good, I’ll keep my eyes open - hopefully I should see something one of these days.

I recall reading that there will be no waiting list, at least as far as the next batch goes. I know Brian announced on Twitter that there would be one, but he later mentioned on this forum that there will be no waiting list this time. Feel free to correct me I am wrong.

Got to love the waiting game. In the meantime, keep having fun with your system.

1 Like

Fair enough, I’m not in a hurry.

Actually, there’s more to a waiting list than just the customer ‘ordering’ a product. It also helps the producer see how many products/modules are needed. One might be surprised to see that if you made ‘X’ modules per year, you could cover the demand (more or less), making the workload more targeted.

2 Likes