NiceTopic | 303 Bassline for for ER-301 (update for 06.11)

ac
(•◡•)
ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴛᴏᴘɪᴄ (ᴠ.2.2) compatible with new Thoon firmware (0.6+) is my attemp of a remodelling of an infamous bassline (well, you understand).

Unlike the original, it has some customization that makes it very fun and naturally born for Ortogonal Device ER-301.

Plus, without the use of external FX, the sound seems to literally come out of the speakers and hit really hard. You will notice for yourself that the sound is really fat and gritty and this is the evidence of the excellent quality that the 301 manages to bring out.

! 𝙿𝙴𝚁𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴 𝚃𝙸𝙿: The CPU consumption is delegated to the freeverb + grain delay unit.
If you want to use it in a live, and be sure not to stress the module, I suggest you delete the two effects that are inside the first chain. In this way ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴛᴏᴘɪᴄ it will only consume 15% of the CPU.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: only for 06.+
Select Admin slot > Package Manager > Nice > Install
Enjoy! The unit is now visible on main category list.

This is a preview clips.

The sound! (Sequence from KORG SQ-1)

Gritty Techno with some modulated distorsion from WMD TRSHMSTR (external FX).

The sound! (Sequence from MakeNoise 0-CTRL)

Solo Sequence

Motorized version with FM Flavour / auto modulated (v.1.0)

Download Package here:
Nice-Topic_v2.2.pkg (4.7 KB)

ROUTING:

• GATE: The gate input signal for open the envelopes and routing must be selected here.
  • v/Oct: The Pitch V/oct signal input from your sequencer must be selected here.
    (enter in both subchain for new routing re-assign).

Senza titolo-1

Try sequencing the bassline with a sequencer that has the ability to tie/slide. (es: Korg SQ-1, BSP Pro, Malekko Voltage Block etc.)

UNIT CONTROL:

• Tuning: VCO’s pitch tuning.
  • Octave: octave switcher for VCO’s.
  • Dist: sets the distortion gain.
  • Env Mod: intensity of an Envelope applied to cutoff frequency of the filter and VCA’s.
  • Cutoff: Sets the upper cutoff frequency of the filter.
  • Wave: Blends the waveforms saw and triangle.

TOOGLE FIRE GATE:

• Motor: Enable the randomic parameters modulation.
  • FX: Enable the randomic effects modulation. (by increasing the decay of the envelope and opening the cut off of the filter, the effects may seem quite runaway, so you know).

I would be very grateful if you would show me how you use it.
Enjoy! Emiliano!

25 Likes

Important UPDATE (v.2.0):
I don’t know how I could forget about 2 important parameters like Tuning and Octave Control. Custom Unit updated.

I invite you to download the new version.
P.S: I’m working on the internal sequencer.

3 Likes

UPDATE (v.2.1) : Add Distortion control

2 Likes

Just had a little play and will def play more later, very very nice!!
The only thing is I had something already happening on chanel 1 but no gate so I patched to chanel 2 and was getting nothing - then I tried putting in chanel 1 and it worked so it would be pretty essential to be able to change that but really cool so far!!

1 Like

UPDATE (v.2.2)

You are absolutely right! and I apologize for not thinking about it before.
I loaded the new unit again (v.2.2) where I reset the routing for the gate signal and the pitch of the VCOs and updated the user guidelines.
Now you can choose the routing for GATE + v/oct based on your available inputs.

Let me know if everything is ok now and Thanks for reporting… :wink:

2 Likes

Wondering which os does this work with? 0.6+?

1 Like

I love this! Very good sound. :slight_smile:

1 Like

sorry for delay…at moment no:( as it requires @a773 bespoke unit.
i should modify it and package it for version 0.6. As soon as I have some time, I do it (:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Update for firmware 6.11 :smiley:
let me know if everything is ok

have fun!
emiliano!

5 Likes

Updated :slight_smile:

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: only for 06.+
Select Admin slot > Package Manager > Nice > Install
Enjoy! The unit is now visible on main category list.

3 Likes

Fabulous!

1 Like

Gave it a very very quick spin last night. And seemed to be working ok. So cheers.

I’m excited to try this. Can you comment a bit on the makeup of the units underneath? Are you at all using the filters from the @tomf 's strike package? I think his tanh unit alone could be useful here!

in fact I had tried to use TOM’s suit but only after I preferred to include inside the normal 301 envelope generator (adsr) without sustain and release phase, thus making it work as a normal AD envelope. Of course, anyone who wants to try has to do is join the sub-chain and replace :grinning: