Oder - six bands quirky vocoder

Hello again, i know we already have a brilliant and very efficient vocoder (the awesome Scorpio bespoke unit by @Joe now included in the Accents Library) but wanted to give it a shot and create a custom unit. The only advantage is that it might have a pedagogic value because you can open it and look inside to learn how vocoders work. If you do you’ll find two blocks made of six band containers, one called Analisi (italian for Analysis) and one called Sintesi (italian for Synthesis), one extracts the amplitude information from the six bands into which the modulator signal is divided, the other applies that information to the six bands of the carrier signal (which i called Portante, again, in italian) via envelope followers and VCA’s.
Keep in mind you have to insert it as an effect AFTER the modulating signal (a voice for the classic robotic voice vocoder patch).
As usual everything free to use without any kind of limitation. if you feel crazily generous you can always drop a dime in my paypal: hyena666@gmail.com

(by the way, i’m receiving a lot of support and i thank you all a LOT)

Oder

Oder is a very crude six bands vocoder. You insert it after the modulator signal of your choice (classics: voice recordings and drums) then you can choose from internal Sawtooth oscillator, internal noise generator and external signal to use as Carrier. You can of course mix all three components as you like. Then you have tilt options to move exponentially the frequencies of both the Analysis part (tilt in) and the Synthesis part (tilt out) for some nice spectral movement. Finally you have control over the resonance of the band pass filters of the six bands into which signals are divided, for added timbral sculpting.

controls

• gain input gain, from unity (1) to ten times the original (10)
  • saw tune v\oct control of the internal sawtooth carrier oscillator
  • saw lvl level control of the sawtooth portion of the carrier
  • noise lvl level control of the noise portion of the carrier
  • ext lvl level control of the external signal portion of the carrier
  • att attack of the envelope followers
  • rel release of the envelope followers
  • tilt in v\oct offset of the analysis band pass filters
  • tilt out v\oct offset of the synthesis band pass filters
  • Q resonance control of all band pass filters
  • ext in this is not a control (you cant move the fader) but the input for your external carrier signal. Go inside and choose an external input (via jacks) an internal routing (via locals) or insert a unit of your choice

requires Accents
cpu high consumption, about 67-70%
tips modulate tilt in & out and Q, sequence the Saw tune, modulate the release of the envelopes, dont limit yerself to voice or drums as modulators! be creative!!!
oder.unit (102.0 KB)

demo: with voice in the first part and drums in the second as modulators, using internal carriers and a benjolin as external carrier. tweaking parameters.

7 Likes