Personal Avatars

I notice you have a new avatar @Unity2k, and it looks like it is actually you!

I made this post just to say that I really like this, a lot, it feels much more real. I mean I know you are a real person, but so often these avatars create a kind of disconnect or separation that I am not sure is always that good.

I might see if I can sort out a proper photo of me too :slight_smile:

No pressure or anything, I know not everyone feels comfortable doing this, but anyone else up for changing up their avatar to a proper photo?

4 Likes

I know what you mean! I host a couple of chat servers for my family and professional endeavors and I always insist that people use pictures of themselves for this very reason.

Not sure im ready to put my mug up on the forums I frequent but I get what you are saying.

2d

2 Likes

Here i am.

2 Likes

Yeah! I know what you mean too :smiley:

It’s a bit of a leap of faith, what’s the worst that could happen? hehe :joy:

It has to remain personal choice of course, I would hate to think that anyone felt pressured to do this. I guess if a few of us do it, it could become a trend, I might do it anyway, just because I am feeling it at the moment.

I think what I like about @Unity2k’s photo is that it is clear, it feels really open and honest, which reflects the deeper nature of this forum, thats good right?

Cool @Patatelemage :smiley:

1 Like

< - - - - - sorry! Muahahahaha!

3 Likes

<<< Et moi!

A considerable change since some of you may have last seen me, the big beard disappeared a while back :wink:

Comedy as always @NeilParfitt :smiley:

1 Like

I like the idea so I’ve updated to an actual photo of me too

2 Likes

My avatar is not a picture but it kinda looks like me :smile:

3 Likes

Hey, cool! Nice to “meet” you all.

I think you’re right @anon83620728 - if this is the trend of the forum, many will join voluntarily. Case in point, I haven’t even bothered to do an avatar on muff’s since I haven’t found a pocket of time to photoshop something outrageous and puzzling together. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @anon83620728. Not that I put that much thought behind it but now that you point it out, I dig it.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who has updated to a photo, I think this is super cool :sunglasses:

Hey @2disbetter - you did it - yay!!

Folk keepin it real at O|D - got to love it :heart_eyes:

Brian changed his avatar! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

That man wins hands down best avatar ever in a synth forum!!!

1 Like

I concur… Brilliant… :smiley:

1 Like

Hah, I’ve just seen it. Lovely. Changed mine too, in the end, for the sake of social conformity :wink:

2 Likes

Hehe these are all great… I was still half asleep earlier this morning and I am probably stating the obvious, but i’ve just seen the symbolism in @odevices avatar; the light is the O for Orthogonal and he’s holding Devices :joy:

4 Likes

Darn! I must be losing my knack for obfuscation!

2 Likes

Hehe not at all, I know I said it was obvious, but it did’t jump out at me right away, I suspect it might not be that obvious really.

Anyway, it is really good fun and a perfect representation, I like it a lot :slight_smile:

I’m in. Cool faces everybody!

2 Likes

We. Are. Real. People.

:cat2:

1 Like