Pitch Shifting Delay

The Speed control would be awesome if the external source could track 1/v octave Pitch.

I would appear that:

• 2 is an octave higher
  • 1.5 is a 1/5th up
  • 1 is normal pitch
  • .5 is an octave down
  • .225 is 2 octaves down
  • less than that… evil rumbles :smiling_imp:

So far I can’t figure out how to make the math work for it to be a simple adjustment.

4 Likes

1v/oct tracking would be great!

i had really weird harsh noises when using the pitch shifting delays yesterday. with certain delay settings and speed something other than 1, i had hard high noises, similar to sample rate reduction. will try again today and report back.

FYI: The mathematical operation that is required is ‘exponentiation of two’. In other words:

speed = (base speed) x (2^voltage)

which you do not have access yet.

I’d love to see this implemented.
I’m currently using a feedback looper with variable speed players to achieve different pitches that then feed into a delay.
A proper pitch shifting delay would be a life saver.
Also a pitchshifter unit would be just as good too but both would be ideal.

You can now use the V/oct to Seconds unit.

Edit: Wait a minute. The pitch-shifting delay (now called Grain Delay) already has a V/oct control :thinking: I don’t think I understand the problem…

Oh fantastic!
I had no idea that’s what it did. I’ll be trying this out once I’m in front of my 301 in a week a time.
This could be exactly what I’ve been looking for.
Thanks!!!

Finally got around to trying out the grain delay. Really great stuff was coming out when sequenced. But I did find myself wanting it to be a bit more rounded feature wise.
Mainly a larger delay time and feedback.
I this something that would be possible in a future firmware?
Something like a clocked doppler grain delay :smiley::pray:

2 Likes

For now you could stack the grain delay with a clocked delay to simulate your concept. And maybe do it within a self-referential global chain for feedback? (I haven’t tried any feedback patching yet so take that with a grain of salt)

1 Like

That’s exactly how I’ve been using it minus the feedback chain.
Still hoping for a longer delay time in the grain delay itself.
Might try your feedback suggestion, thanks!