Polyphonic Synthesizer | Bespoke Unit

This is a great explanation. Thanks for taking the time to write it out!

Working on a new release that adds a bunch of new features, if anyone is interested in trying it out I’ve pushed the new code here.

The new features include:

• Scan per voice
  • Phase per oscillator (Single Cycle only)
  • Level per voice
  • Level per oscillator
  • Overall level
  • Round robin Sync
  • Sync per voice
  • Hard sync mode

Also renaming the unit to “Polygon” since it’s a big breaking change and it’s no longer particularly simple :). I’m going to draw up some documentation and maybe move some of the controls around before really releasing but I thought people might like to try it out as is.

PS many of the extra controls are now hidden in sub-views. For example, all the gate controls are behind the “gateR” control (hover over it and hit enter) and the detune controls now live under “f0”.

PPS one can indeed use this as a drum machine now (via per-voice sync and scan), but it’s a bit finicky to get the scan values right.

6 Likes

I’m sorry, I don’t get github at all,
how do I download your polygon?
Thanks a lot

Here’s a direct link to the archive, this is still preliminary so I’d love to hear your thoughts.

PS I’ve updated the README already with most of the new details to help out.

1 Like

many thanks @tomf, that’s very kind.

This is excellent! Thoroughly enjoying the tune.

Great unit @tomf, I guess since it’s no longer called Simple Synthesizer, there’s no harm in adding those one-shots? :smirk:

Well done!

1 Like

Happy to report this is working excellently in v0.5! This was made using a 6voice and a 3 voice unit: "9 Saws:" An Hour of Generative Synthesizer Music with ER-301 and Eurorack - YouTube

4 Likes

Any possibility that this will work under v0.6 @tomf ?

Nope, but if enough people want something like this I can rebuild it to be better faster stronger etc

6 Likes
5 Likes

i would be very interested on my side

I’m quite interested!

I am very interested! And this is one of the main reasons i haven’t yet upgraded to 0.6. i use these units all the time.

I would be very interested. Please…!!

Count me in as one of the very interested ones, please!

I’d love it too! :slight_smile:

Well, count me in as well, but something tells me @tomf will be dropping some more cool units soon, if not this drop-in poly-synth, then something of equal lovability.

1 Like

Ha can confirm, trying to get these IIR filters out the door first. It’s a lot more involved than I was expecting, but once they’re done I fully intend to reuse the DSP for this project as well.

5 Likes

Niiice! :smiley: I have to say, seeing these latest units come out from people programming on the deepest level of the ER-301, this is what I got this thing for. Love it! Thank you ever so much for working on it and sharing your work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wondering if anyone has attempted to make a 4 voice sample player in the DSP layer?
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.