Quicksave memo

It’d be cool to have a text area associated with quicksaves to document patch points. Will quicksaves also have names?

Yes! They will have names.

Is the soft keyboard really that good that you would enter patch notes with it? :astonished:

2 Likes

Thank you for entertaining the thought.

Yes, and no. I wouldn’t want to use the soft keyboard exclusively. But after some reflection, one could probably have a macro for inserting unit input chains, something like:

…With an option to write a word for mnemonic recall.

Written to a field in a LUA file, it could be edited with a text editor on a device with a better keyboard, later. :computer:

It’d be sweet little workflow to have the option to view quicksave memo for a refresher of how ones patch points were wired.

I like this, I thought of it already but as a transform on the lua file into a more readable format, it should be fairly straightforward to implement in a little desktop utility or something like that anyway.

As a general note I am totally open to desktop software to configure setups. I realise this is a long way down the road :smile:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, is the CPU+system connectivity adequate to support an expansion connector for a USB keyboard some time in the hypothetical distant future when you have nothing better to do? :slight_smile:

I will start saving for an expander module with DC-coupled outputs and USB connectivity forthwith. :eyes: :crystal_ball:[quote=“bgribble, post:5, topic:288”]
Just out of curiosity, is the CPU+system connectivity adequate to support an expansion connector for a USB keyboard some time in the hypothetical distant future when you have nothing better to do? :slight_smile:
[/quote]

2 Likes

I was really resisting bringing the subject of an expander up as we haven’t even got to official release date with the main module yet, heheh, but HELL YES!!!

:astonished:

edit: while I don’t mind working at my computer doing stuff, I would never really want to attach a keyboard to my modular - that’s just going a step too far :smiley:

1 Like

It’s a slippery slope for sure.

What if we could CV control the on-screen keyboard?

2 Likes

I’m giggling like a small child… I need to get a grip of myself! :smiley:

1 Like

(when I say macro, I am envisioning the memo auto-filling itself based on the proposed patch map, and/or a “sense CV input” option.)

[/quote]

Don’t forget Midi for the expander :wink:

1 Like

I mean having keyboard shortcuts to enter modules would be pretty rad

1 Like

There are no pins for the expaner on the back. :confused:

Perhaps old-school cellphone style predictive text? :smiley:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discuss MIDI for ER-301 here

I’m developing a growing sense of irony in that I’ve been thinking of the ER-301 as an upgrade to the Octatrack, which on the sampling side of things it is very quickly shaping up to be way more than just an upgrade, however, it may yet transpire that one of the nicest things to control an ER-301 with… is an Octatrack!

So that’s an interesting thought about predictive text, Neil. What if as a work flow you enter the names of your other modules and then you can select them as sources in the memo?

So like, “map patch points” gives:
A1 → ch1 → sample player patch name → slice select
G1 → ch1 → sample player patch name → gate

…and then you select a source and insert one of the items from your list of other modules…
^Planar X → A1 → ch1 → sample player patch name → slice select

3 posts were split to a new topic: Discuss MIDI for ER-301 here