Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Repeata bundle! multitap delay frenzy!

hello fellow 301ers!
this time is not a single unit but a whole family!
due to the big number of controls and the fact they are all very easy to grasp i will only describe the units without full details nor pictures.
here we go!
(as usual all is totally free of charge and open, in the collaborative mood the characterizes this community but if you feel the urge to support my work you can always make a small donation to hyena666@gmail.com via paypal :smiley: )

Repeata
Repeata is a 5 taps multitap delay with a single feedback line (created via internal routing). On the feedback line you have a resonant lowpass filter to thoroughly craft your tails.
controls are a global feedback amount (global fb), the fb lowpass filter cutoff (fb cutoff) and Q (fb Q), the individual levels for all taps (tap 1-5 lvl) followed by individual delay times for the five taps (tap1-5 dly).
after the OPEN window you find the five individual pans of all 5 taps (pan1-5).
Repeata.unit (67.7 KB)

Repeata plus
The plus version is very similar but it adds individual controls of the feedback of each individual tap (fb1-5) (this is the delay unit embedded feedback).
Use both individual and global fb together at your own risk (mwahahhahahahaa!!!)
Repeata plus.unit (74.2 KB)

Repeata Weirda
Weirda is the same as the plus version BUT individual taps are fed from each other (bbd capacitors style) instead of being fed all by the unit’s input. this gives a very peculiar style of delay. You still obviously retain individual timing controls.
Repeata weirda.unit (67.1 KB)

Repeata Spectra
The Spectra version is the most cpu demanding of all. Routing is like the normal versions (no weirdness) but each tap comes with a bandpass filter tuned from about 80 hz (tap 1) to about 7khz (tap 5) in ascending order. you have the same controls as Repeata plus with the addition of controls for the individual resonances of the 5 bandpass filters (q1-5). You don’t have control over frequency or bandwidth of the 5 bands on the top level but of course you can dive into the units and find the individual bp filters and tune them to your pleasure.
this one is the only that requires Accents
Repeata Spectra.unit (89.5 KB)

enjoy the Repeata family!

20 Likes

p.s.: all versions are full stereo except the Weirda one in which individual taps are mono in (they would have been messed up in stereo because of the internal routing and panning) but of course here too the taps can be panned.

another note: there is no dry\wet control , this are full wet (i use to use delay as aux sends) but if you want to retain the dry signal just use a two bands container, one empty and in the other put one of the Repeata units.

1 Like

p.p.s.: Repeata Spectra is the only one requiring Accents , the others have no dependencies

You are on fire, @hyena! Hard to tell exactly what some of these are like from the description but they look pretty fun and intriguing! Looking forward to my test drive.

2 Likes

Damn! You’re on fire, man! Love it! Thanks a lot for sharing these awesome units. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’ve been sleeping for too long you know :smiley:
actually the repeata bundle and malefica were projects i had to finish since a while, puck was in fact a serious breakthrough!
hope you all enjoy them and find use for them!

1 Like

i started prototyping those units with the “micro delay” unit instead of the delay unit hoping to spare some cpu cycles, but realized that you cannot control, modulate or edit controls for the delay time parameter on micro delay.
question for @odevices: it might be possible to have the time control on micro delay available for modulations like other parameters?
(i guess it is like that so that it consumes the minimum amount of cpu but maybe there are other functional reasons).

You guessed correctly. Modulating the delay time will cause clicks and pops unless you either

• Delay Unit: Crossfade quickly back-and-forth between 2 delay lines while changing the delay time little-by-little on the delay line that you don’t hear.
  • Doppler Delay: Fractionally resample the samples in the delay line.

These procedures account for the extra CPU load over the uDelay.

2 Likes

thanks for claryfiyng Brian!