Set CV Slope behaviour per Channel in config.ini

Would it be possible to have the CV Slope Modifier behaviour set separately for each channel?

For example, I would like to set it to “pre-lookup” when I am applying a slope to a CV output used for Note CV, and “post” when I’m using the slope for non-Note CV.

ie:

; CV Slope Modifier behavior
;
; pre-lookup - slope modifier is added to the CV index before table lookup.
; post-lookup - slope modifier is added to the CV after the table lookup.
cvX-slope-modifier = post-lookup
cvY-slope-modifier = post-lookup
cvZ-slope-modifier = post-lookup

; Should the mod CV be gated by its associated mod GATE?
;
; true | false
gate-mod-cvX = true
gate-mod-cvY = true
gate-mod-cvZ = true

; Should the mod CV be sampled and held (S&H) by each track’s gate output?
;
; true | false
hold-mod-cvX = false
hold-mod-cvY = false
hold-mod-cvZ = false

If it’s not possible, I guess I can get around it by setting to pre-lookup and choosing a “linear voltage” type table for the Tracks where I want non-Note transforms. I would just need to commit to one type of behaviour per Track (does that make sense?)

(This is my first Forum Topic. I couldn’t see how to add a “request” tag or format the config text as “code”. Also, I can see no way to Preview. These options do not appear in the Edit window in Windows 10, Firefox)

Thanks!

3 Likes

This is a good idea! I’ll definitely do it. Thank you for the suggestion.

3 Likes

I see you have added it to the pending 102 feature list as a per Track option - this makes more sense than per Channel. Thanks!

Added v2.22:

• ENHANCED: CONFIG.INI > cv-(X,Y,Z)-slope-mod > Setting mod CV effect to pre- or post-lookup can now be configured separately for each mod channel and each track.
  • ENHANCED: CONFIG.INI > cv-(X,Y,Z)-hold > Setting mod CV hold behavior can now be configured separately for each mod channel and each track.
2 Likes

i’m on firmware 2.24 and in my config.ini file there’s the old cv slope settings, eg:

; CV Slope Modifier behavior
;
; pre-lookup - slope modifier is added to the CV index before table lookup.
; post-lookup - slope modifier is added to the CV after the table lookup.
cv-slope-modifier = pre-lookup

; Should the mod CV be gated by its associated mod GATE?
;
; true | false
gate-mod-cv = false

i’m not sure why the config file hasn’t updated for this new per channel setting, can i adjust it manually and if so, what is the text i should add exactly? thanks!

can someone with the er102 on firmware 2.24 copy the config.ini content here so i can paste it in mine?
thanks!!

The CONFIG.INI file is automatically regenerated when the ER-102 can’t find it in the ER-102 folder. The ER-102 will not alter your existing CONFIG.INI. So if you want the most recent template, then I recommend renaming your existing CONFIG.INI to something else like CONFIG-OLD.INI and then putting the SD card back in the ER-102 to have a new CONFIG.INI generated.

Also, when I remember to update it, there is an online copy of the most recent default CONFIG.INI here:

http://www.orthogonaldevices.com/er-102/default-config-ini

:warning: Be sure to paste as plain text when copying text from web pages.

1 Like

thanks brian!