Sampler Looper - Clear Sample Buffer

Would be awesome if the “clear sample buffer” was something pingable by a gate Signal.

A situation where this could prove useful is if you were recording a ton of layers and then if it was getting too crazy in the moment you could just just press a button (gate) to ‘clear’ and keep on recording in real-time without any menu diving.

4 Likes

I’m guessing that ‘Pedal Looper’ will have this feature, right?

This is on the “list”. @analogbunny has already asked for it a looong time ago via email but it’s good that it has a thread now.

1 Like

At the moment every additional parameter on a unit adds another “ply”. (Ply is what I’m calling the 6 vertical slots over each of the soft buttons underneath the main display). For example the SAMPLE PLAYER is already 7 ply. A unit is always at least 1 ply (for the header).

I’m beginning to think that for certain “low-priority” parameters (like this one) a new solution is required that does not add more ply. I think other graphical languages solve this “screen-space explosion” problem by providing a message bus. So perhaps it is time to consider adding the same to the ER-301. Imagine a “stop” or “clear buffer” message that can be broadcast or sent to (a previously specified) group when a trigger is received.

4 Likes

I used the looper live last night, and a clear trigger would be absolutely amazing. +1 for this idea.

1 Like