Share your ER-301 Music

Thanks, appreciate it! The set up on the ER-301 for this is actually really basic, 2xstereo channels using mixer modules for each part, and basic sample players inside with VCAs at the end. All the sampling was done using the Pedal Looper with the DM12 plugged straight into the 301 and recorded live improvisations.

i used the er301 a lot in this recording. most obvious is the middle part where you can clearly hear the vocal and acoustic guitar sample. and some drum samples
but its also used as a mixer, reverb, and oscillators. basically all the sine wave arpeggios through delays throughout the recording are the 301 oscillators.

3 Likes

incipit of my last ambient liveset, inspired by my original soundtrack for the No Pet documentary film.
here the er-301 is mainly playing the role of a very advanced,very customizable loopstation.
i’m so in love with this module!!!

2 Likes

Love it, what’s happening at the start? is it er-301 too?

Thanks, no the first couple seconds is rings and some noise\lpg through mutable parasites delay

Still getting the hang of the scale modes in there but for day 2 or 3 with the 301, I am in love with it. More modular videos to come on my 301

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjvlh83FXcT/?taken-by=zypheredm

3 Likes

this is all er301 using 100% internal modules as sound sources, vca’s and modulation - its self generating - outputted to w/ for live looping. Recorded live in 1 take. 2 modules used only → er301 + w/.

6 Likes

Here is my last video. The piece builds up around a sequence with the Verbos HO. The Er-301 is again responsible for various things. 2 sine oscillators are sequenced by VB, mixer, various delays, sample player, EQ, filter.

9 Likes

sounds really good. love the way it unfolds. great work as usual mr. m

1 Like

I thought it needed to be said. If you, like me, until now, hadn’t spent any time playing around syncing an aliasing saw unit with another one, you should do yourself a favor and check that out. It becomes a very expressive little voice.

Just a noodle. The bass line is the FM Op unit from the middle layer testlib. Kick is a sample, and the snare is modulated pink noise. Everything else is the voice from the synced saw setup.

/original/2X/0/0946a94a934d567d614e3b8c8e32c2b05e904053.mp3

1 Like

this was released this week. I used the 301 extensively on a lot of these tracks in various ways. (you can also find it on your fav streaming service)

https://ellirecords.bandcamp.com/album/spectra

6 Likes

Another excellent one. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Also your system is literally begging for some grayscale panels for those morphogenes. The NG can be the only module that deserves to not have the front panel swapped out. :rofl:

two sine oscillators phase modulating each other.
a quadrature lfo modulating v/oct of both oscillators with inverted phase, and amplitude of both oscillators again with inverted phase (amp mod is 45° out of phase vs phase mod for each oscillator)
some extra low pass filtering, delay and reverb.
all done inside the er-301 with just a touch of reverb from oliverb.
inspired by reading stephen hawking.

6 Likes

Wow, this is great! Typically not too heavily into ‘non-musical’ patches, but this I very much like. I think I’ll have to try and replicate what you described – hope I can pull it off :sweat_smile:

1 Like

thanks!!!
you can even avoid the external quadrature lfo (in my case is quadraturia from o_C) by using 4 additional sine osc, synced one another and with different phase settings, as global chains.

my sine osc here are put into mixer channels in global chains, so i can take their output from anywhere and use it for whatever i want (in this case cross-phasemod\feedback).

each of the sine outs then is routed into a mixer channel on a stereo chain and hard panned (left and right) for big stereo image and intelligibility

EDIT: scratch the “synced one another”, better to say synced to a common gate source, so you can reset them and be sure they are synchronized but out of phase one another

Love this! We may be on a similar journey. Subscribed to your channel and looking forward to things to follow.

tom this album kicks ass :+1:

1 Like

looper, buffer shared with granular sampler. glitchy soundscapes.

Hello all. I wanted to share my most recent album Discorporeal. The Er-301 factored heavily into how this one turned out and I’m happy to share it here! It’s a mixture of noisy ambient with lots of granular things happening. Would love to hear people’s thoughts!!

4 Likes

Hello lovely forum-goers. I made a movie and the 301 is one of the main characters. Hope you find it vaguely entertaining.

12 Likes