Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Share your ER-301 Music



There’s 3 reasons I like the posts here;

  1. I admire anyone who publicly posts their work - imho this should always be encouraged regardless of the content because this is how we learn, just the act of publicly posting changes your relationship with your recorded audio and makes it easier to take an objective view

  2. Technical competence, if something is done well or is interesting, it doesn’t matter if I personally like it or not, it deserves recognition and appreciation

  3. Personal enjoyment - sometimes 1 and 2 are there and I also really enjoy it on a personal level because it is the kind of thing I like and in some way wish I had done myself - of course this is completely subjective and largely irrelevant to anything other them myself

I am happy to say you definitely scored 3/3 in my little list of criteria for appreciation :smiley:

I’d love to hear more about how you did it, see a photo of your setup or anything really :slight_smile:


Agree with Kel, this is great!


Aww, shucks… Thanks, your words really made my week, like you wouldn’t believe! having just filed all my music in my figurative desktop drawer for so long, I’m very energized by getting out of that mode and out in the world with my stuff.

I’m always happy to talk synths and especially think about processes and the nitty-gritty, so I’ll make sure to do a small writeup soon.


Yeah, so, a small writeup concerning my patch with the clip above.

I’ve talked with friends about how live performance w/ a modular can be difficult and for me, the relative rigidity of a modular (no program changes :slight_smile: ) can be to a large extent be mitigated with a great sequencer, clever patching, and … the ER-301 :grinning:

I have no qualms concerning using auto-saves as a sort of patch memory – so an auto-save per song it has been so far.

I mostly used the 301 for two purposes: Simple monophonic melodic instruments (e.g. some of the orchestral sounds) and as a grain player. @elinch mentioned using the manual grains with manual offsets controlling the parameters – and I instantly stole it and fell in love with the method <3 So there are some field recordings (trains, kids) and some melodic stuff (acoustic guitar) that I control in this way.

I used a Doepfer matrix mixer to control the dry level, delay send and reverb send of each voice – both ER-301 and other oscs – looking to take this further in the future, some more creative patching would allow for more crazy sounds.

Honorable mention: The Klangbau Köln Twin Peak filter is incredible. You get such nice broken and weird sounds out of it thanks to the normalizations – everybody talks about the pinging, but I’m really there for the other stuff :slight_smile:


I am (was?) hesitant to post this, mostly because it’s quite minimal. However, it uses the ER-301 for everything other than the kick and the crackle’n pops. So, here it is :slight_smile:

In short, I played a guitar melody into a pedal looper and shared the buffer with a variable speed player. The playback is almost too slow, and simultaneously pitched up, to even register as a guitar. This is patched into Elements for reverb and resonator-y type things. Then several sample players provide percussion. Plaits handled the bass drum as well as the crackle, via another pedal looper and its particle noise mode. Just Friends did most of the modulation, but again it’s pretty minimal :sweat_smile:


70% or so of ER-301 noodles!



Have a track coming out on the new Modularism Vol 2. compilation this year which heavily features the 301. Will also perform the same patch live at Superbooth in about 3 weeks so will try to post some content after that. First time using the 301 in anger :crossed_fingers:


ER-301 back in the rack, so this was a quick session. Enjoy!


in this track the er-301 is the centerpiece - delays, sample player, granular engine, mixer, eq.
a piece with 3 sequences from plaits. once sequenced live, once as a sample in the er-301 and once edited with the morphagene. the piece builds on a drone from the verbos harmonic oscillator.


Elinch , that some awesome stuff man, well done