Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Share your ER-301 Music

GRANULAR!!

https://soundcloud.com/mrkbrmn/33b#t=13:44

3 Likes

trying out grains with three identical players recieving same patch from 101/102 with bias adjustments per

9 Likes

that’s really great!

intriguing…

An etude in “scratching” with the Planar and ER-301.

Patch notes: the Planar’s sense gate is the run signal for the sample (with an ADSR). The joystick is controling playback speed. (edit: worth noting this modulation is bipolar, translating to forward and reverse playback up to 2x speed.) The gate button is turning on a 301 internal VCA (also with an ADSR for de-clicking).

The drum sounds are also out of 301, being sequenced by trigger outs from DrumDokta. There is a little position modulation on the highhat sample which brings in something that sounds like a tom, and gives a little bit of swing on the hat.

15 Likes
9 Likes

man love your stuff, pretty epic (kei)

1 Like

I’ll have some proper videos up soon, but here’s 2 recent Instagram posts making use of the 301.

Clip 1 - All of the percussion sounds are synthesized in the ER-301. The kick is a sine and the rest is pink noise going through various VCAs, filters, delays and granular units (all with copious amounts of modulation).

Clip 2 - A few granular units live processing Mutable Instruments Elements. Lots of filters with filtered noise as modulation.

Clip 3 - Two channels of six sine wave units modulating one another. all the sounds here are generated by the 301, with the exception of the field recording

6 Likes

I liked no.1 very much - nice that you used just a few units to get such a variety of sounds :smiley:

A post shared by Jordan Le May (@the_chickenbone_experience) on Jun 15, 2017 at 6:14pm PDT

Listen to Faust eurorack by Chickenbone #np on #SoundCloud

2 Likes

here i tried to use the 301 as a regular percussion sampler but also as a shaker, hihat generator with incoming audio triggering an envelope follower which opens filtered noise on a vca.
i really love how beautiful this module integrates with my workflow and the analog voices around and through it. an immense enrichment to my setup!

19 Likes

This is really lovely, @kilchhofer, reminds me of old Orb or FSOL! You have such a round, full sound, I love it! Excellent Work!

@kilchhofer Seriously nice piece

thanks you @giftculture @TimefireVR

Here’s a video of my set at Modular Cafe here in Tokyo on Wednesday using the 301 lots.

7 Likes

Quick first clip:

Also featuring, but not pictured: DPO, Morphagene, Clouds

Can’t wait to wrap more of my brain around this :slight_smile:

Edit: just want to say that I’m seriously digging the music everyone is posting and am excited to see the music develop alongside the ER-301.

Edit x2: I’m gathering the stress unit is not intended for regular processing use. Wondering how regular use might affect the module, other than potential lag/latency? Thanks!

1 Like

This evenings patch :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@anon83620728 Sincerely enjoyed this! Care to explain the patch?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Mostly it’s just The Bateleur repeating a 15 note sequence with a modifier on certain steps over a 4/4 beat; this, along with timbral modulations is what makes it sound like it’s never quite the same. The random hits are samples triggered by a Zorlon Cannon running really slow, free, modulated and reseeded every now and then - they sound like a pattern, they kind of are, but not really - my brain loves this kind of teasing. Pamela handles the regular timing! Lots of noise from various sources all the way through - I really like noise hehe. The vocal sample towards the end is one of my favourite ever (it has been used before) brought to life with the lovely pitch shifting and delays in the ER-301 - nothing complex at all, just carefully chosen settings. The whole thing saturated and distorted slightly for a bit of tape feel.

There’s quite a bit more going on, but I wouldn’t want to give everything away now would I :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes