Share your ER-301 Music

You are fishing for compliments…
To my ears this is pretty much music!

2 Likes

lol. i mean. i DO like how it turned out, and could be a neat thing to build off of?

but just meant it was more a programming/learning the ER-301 experiment. i’m sure it’s been done a billion times, but doing a four voice osc was neat while still having all the modular control over the bits.

REALLY DIGGING THIS MACHINE MODULE.

2 Likes

Made a couple live looping videos in which an er-301 is used for looping, with finger pressure effecting delay and reverb parameters after the looper. The other 301 is playing drum samples (pressure is doing stuff to the drums as well).

4 Likes

Some silly rubber-ish techno, used the 301 for effects and summing before going to the korgasmatron filter, plonk as “lead” and Toms of Finland does the drum parts. sequenced by the Squarp pyramid.

1 Like

hello all,

been thinking on this weird performance patch a while, and tonight i made it with the 301, voltage block, varigate 8+, wogglebug and pamela’s new.
bacially, you have two buffers, AA and BB. each 12 seconds long. AA gets stepped out of woggle deciding when to punch in and out of the buffer. clock out of woggle into pam, pam divides that by 8 and uses that as our reset. burst out woggle into BB’s punch in/out. AA & BB share the same reset. a kick and rimshot from er301 are played with varigate 8+ and voltage block turns up and down AA and BB’s volumes.
so you just kinda feed it something (korg minilogue in this case) and turn up and down wogglebug’s tempo to match. what it spits out is crazy, since pamela resets varigate 8, AA, and BB every 8 bars. essentially you have your beat/modulation loopings constantly running, but what’s dynamic is that the minilogue was literally just jamming into turn 301 and turning out good techno. anyways, here it is. hope you like it.

10 Likes

Hello all,

I have a new album out today. The ER-301 was one of the main tools I used to make it, especially for transposing, pitch shifting, then playing and reprocessing loops. There’s also some manual grains on the last track, ‘Reprise’. All guitar you hear originates from only 2 short recordings. Enjoy. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Awesome—new music to listen to while I work from home today :slight_smile: :+1:

I did a one-minute recipe/how-to for POWWOW that posted today–lush pitch fields/pads from a single oscillator+301 (w/special guest appearance from the 101 :slightly_smiling_face:). Love this module more and more every session :star_struck:

https://instagram.com/p/BpM9BrUAf55/

8 Likes

That sounded great @tomk. Would have liked to hear a little more of the result.

1 Like

Thanks, @Joe! Yes–it was a challenge to fit all of the necessary info into the ig/60-second format, so I plan on uploading a longer video to youtube soon!

2 Likes

Nice, thanks for sharing. But yeah 60 seconds though :dizzy_face:

So while we’re patiently waiting for the new firmware to drop, I will hereby officially ‘premiere’ a recording I did with a music video on YouTube (new feature apparently, let’s check it out). This is the first video I’m posting on a brand new channel and I have zero followers so I will be my own audience but for those wanting to take a break from Cmd+R Ctrl+R on the other thread, check it out!

It’s a patch I made with my ER-301 micro-system on a couch in Amsterdam, in a dark one room apartment far away from home, while my two year old son was recovering in bed from a high fever. There was an atmosphere of hopelessness and helplessness at night but at the same time a feeling of release in surrendering to that moment. I was staying in the flat of an ever so slightly dysfunctional friend of mine, and it was a mess. Just the biggest chaos ever and literally chock full of weird decoration and ancient laptops stacked upon mountains of shoes, blankets, plants. It had a certain charm though and my son loved it. I filmed the geraniums on the balcony and made a little video.

3 Likes

Haha, funny. There is a countdown to premiere. Hey How can I actually embed the video on this page instead of just linking to YouTube…?

I don’t think you can embed it as storage demands for the service would balloon with video files if they could be attached.

I didn’t mean store it on the site, but just format as a YouTube video like other posts on this page have. For some reason my link doesn’t reformat automatically. Maybe because there is some sort of caching going on and the video is not yet available for embedding… Oh well!

1 Like

usually you just paste links and it loads the preview.
maybe try to cut out the “s” from https

Nice track, and cool video! It’s always inspiring to see video footage with a modular music track. Makes me want to give it a go. Nice work!

1 Like

You should! It’s a lot of fun. I have a degree in animation film if you can believe it, but that’s a long time ago and I never worked in film professionally. Glad you liked the video.

1 Like

First patch with 4.0.5, no custom units, added som “noise” from a drum module triggered at audio rate (dont ask me why) and some more reverb and eq etc. in ableton. the 301 is sequnced by an korg sq-1, the patch is pretty much self driving, im just changing the gate length on the sq-1.
some clicks but thats just me not setting the envelopes right :confused:

7 Likes

Uploaded a longer exploration today:

9 Likes