Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Share your ER-301 Music

sharing

This is nice!!

thanks! it’s mostly 301, JF and teletype (a few serge modules too) // recorded live (very overdriven) on the tascam 464

ER-301 Study I of mine.
All sound sources come from the marvelous ER-301, including 2 OSC units and 2 internal resample units, driven by the Hemisphere and finally mixed in Blackhole DSP. Thank you guys for listening and hope you enjoy it. :slight_smile:

Built this really fun patch today. Two Manual Loops units (in mixers), listening to their amplitudes and using them to modulate their own lengths, pitches, delays, filter cutoffs. I’m just using an offset from Triatt to sweep the start position on both.

I really like this patch! I tried to build something similar, but it doesn’t sound nearly as interesting and vibrant as yours.

Would you mind sharing the patch or telling a little more about it? Are you “listening” with an Envelope Follower – and is each of the both channels being modulated by the other one?

Sure! The two mixers are basically exactly the same: in each, I have a Manual Loops unit, and then the audio output of the unit is used to modulate some of its parameters.

For each ML parameter I want to modulate, I put an instance of @Joe’s Pingable Scaled Random unit in its sub-chain (though this could be a sample and hold as well). In the random unit’s trig sub-chain, the layout looks like this:

Input source (audio output of the ML, grabbed from scope mode on v.4.10) → Limiter (if needed) → Envelope Follower → Skewed Sine Envelope.

Lastly, to keep movement going in a more manual way, I have a simple offset patched to control the start position in the ML unit.

The result is interesting to me in that the amplitude-based modulation will cause semi-chaotic behavior; the loop might get into a quiet zone where nothing much happens, but then it’ll kick itself into high gear all of sudden. The physical offset basically just ensures the loop doesn’t get totally stuck.

Hope that helps!

Yes, thanks, that helped a lot! It would be nice if the patch could never get stuck, even without manual start modulation. Is there any logic module that can send a trigger when it doesn’t receive a trigger for a certain time?

A simple backup solution might be to mix the trigger generated from the audio signal with a velvet noise unit running at a very low frequency, which would send random trigs every once in a while…

Sure just invert+offset the output of the envelope follower and feed it into an envelope generator with a very slow attack, then take that envelope and feed it into a comparator with a pretty high threshold. The comparator would spit out the gates you need.