Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Share your ER-301 Music

In the song I just posted, I was using the Variable Speed Player unit. I just did some tests with the same setup, and changing the ‘fade’ parameter from 0ms to 5ms seems to have gotten rid of pretty much all the clicking.

I’m inclined to agree that it is caused by the sample switching from wherever it is in the sample (not necessarily at a zero crossing) to the beginning of the next triggered slice/sample. This sudden change in amplitude results in the click, I believe.

0 Likes

What I tried to say is that with MG’s I don’t have clicks at all against using sample players …

1 Like

i see…

0 Likes

hi,
here i basically used MI elements, clouds, er-301 and maths in this drone piece. Towards the end i added some sherman filterbank for some intense distortion.

4 Likes

and now for something completly different. several processes combined with several inputs all through the 301, in and out of the machine without it even blinking

incredible piece of equipment

https://soundcloud.com/paul-rowberry-946690293/kelly-mix

0 Likes

This is a Plaits-into-Rings drone processed by the ER-301:

Channel 1 is three Schroeder allpass filters in series in a feedback loop with my “Feedback Keeper” custom unit (inverted env follower controlling a VCA to ride the gain as needed for infinite sustain).

Channel 2 is just a granular delay in a feedback loop. 0.25 speed and just a little bit off of +2400 cents.

There’s some some cross-feedback between the two channels, and manual control over the allpasses and the granular delay time via 16n Faderbank. I’m recording the two channels as a mid/side pair into my DAW with some Valhalla Room.

4 Likes

this is really good. Which plaits mode did you use to get these timbres? Also, did you share the feedback keeper unit?

0 Likes

Thanks! Plaits was in waveshaping mode (second LED green) and Rings was in inharmonic string mode.

I haven’t shared the unit yet because it might still need some tweaks… I hope to make it as universal as possible with minimal adjustments needed, or at least expose everything at the top level.

2 Likes

again, something completely different (a Scotsman on a horse?)

just ER-301, E352, Mysteron and a wee bit DPO

3 Likes

"here’s a new piece with my er-301. based on 4 sampled sequences from verbos harmonic oscillator - sequenced by fugue machine. these are sometimes passed through with a slow lfo, or played in different speeds and playback directions. as always, please bring some time to listen.“

1. seq /// orthogonal devices er-301 manual grains / position mod. by slow lfo (sample source verbos ho)
  2. seq /// orthogonal devices er-301 raw player (sample source verbos ho)
  3. seq /// orthogonal devices er-301 raw player / pitch x2 (sample source verbos ho)
  4. bass seq /// orthogonal devices er-301 raw player / half pitch, reverse (sample source verbos ho)
  5. pad /// orthogonal devices er-301 manual grains / position mod. manually (sample source verbos ho)
  6. oriental slices /// make noise morphagene 01
  7. choir slices /// make noise morphagene 02
  8. effect /// verbos harmonic oscillator

recorded live with tascam dr 100. no audio processing.
for the best listening experience listen to the video with headphones or good speakers.

9 Likes

That’s a good film clip as well. Adds another vibe to that harmonic which is deep. Very well done
:+1:

0 Likes

Very good

0 Likes

This is my new monome isms album - Kubota. The er301 features on many tracks. Preorder’s open now. Full digital release on March 30th and limited edition chrome cassette (ships @April 23rd), as well as on all major streaming services. Preorder from my bandcamp.

The album was made with this system.

YouTube video links so far :

4 Likes

This one mostly uses the scannable harmonic oscillator custom unit, into my Wavefolder2 unit (with the second stage deleted).

Control is 16n Faderbank; cycling modulation is Maths; FM source is The Harvestman Kermit.

Very light saturation from Xaoc Tallin (mid) and reverb is Chase Bliss Dark World (side), and there’s a bit of u-he Colour Copy.

10 Likes

awesome track! inspires me to attempt at more custom units!

1 Like

I’ve got the er301 setup as the main mixer now and it is working out. I was a little unsure about going this route because I thought it would be easy for me to mess up the whole mix by accidentally hitting a wrong button or something, but it is working out so far. Stereo chain on tracks 1 and 2 mixing 6 channels (bass, pluck, plonk, rings, clouds and output of feedback loopers on tracks 3 and 4. Super basic stuff but also super fun! Loving this module! Side note: I’m right handed but I prefer doing everything with the 301 with my left hand. Knob on the left is a factor, but also I’m slow and deliberate with the left hand…I don’t know; weird. Recorded with 2 of the 6 track recorder.

3 Likes

I’d like to share a piece of music but how do I embbed the track rather than a link to soundcloud. Please, would be grateful for any help…thanks

0 Likes

Just copy and paste the link into the box, it should ‘just work’ :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Hey Kel… . did that last time and the http link appeared in the box, very dull. If I upload the track to soundcloud, what then should I do that listeners can listen within the forum, :ok_hand:

0 Likes

Did you look at the preview to the right of the post edit box, did it not create a Soundcloud box?

I just tried it and it works fine here!

0 Likes