Simple sound processor with modulation options

Ah I started to thinks so too! You don’t have any great cheap alternatives?
I have a old crappy windows laptop that i could use mainly for the purpose if I were aiming at those USB-type oscilloscopes.

Have you looked on eBay or local buy/sell/trade publications for older analog bench scopes? You can get name brand (and still useful) equipment for a fraction of what it cost new in its day. I guess the trick is to find one that is well maintained and preferably recently calibrated. It’s another option.

The old analogue scopes are beautiful, it’s worth looking out for one with a great screen if you decide to go down that route, then it’s fun as well as useful!

Crappy video of my old scope :slight_smile:

The new digital ones are simply not as beautiful to look at, they are however usually much more powerful in terms of functionality.

That looks like a digital scope to me, kel. It’s just the display that’s analog. I have a pair of fully-analog vintage scopes and I find that they don’t work very well for signals below the kHz range, because their timebases don’t go low enough to produce a persistent waveform at such low frequencies. They’re still useful, though. And of course the CRTs look pretty neat.

Oh maybe… you probably know more about it than me, it’s an Hitachi V-555 if that helps?

I couldn’t find a manual for it anywhere so it’s a little bit of a mystery to me.

Hmm, it looks like the waveform display is analog and only the measurement cursors are digital. In any case, it looks like a fun scope to have around.

1 Like