Single Cycle Waveform Resources

Nice one!! Thanks for sharing… it’s been on my list for ages, so I guess now is as good a time as any :slight_smile:

Nice!

Wouldn’t 32-bit wav be okay for most uses? That one is only 19.95. Just wondering if I’m missing something…

1 Like

ER-301 is 24bit!

And the wavetables are included in the pack :slight_smile:

So, uh, I’d actually be better of buying the 24-bit pack? Sorry, I’m a bit of an ignoramus when it comes to bit depths in files.

On top of what @anon83620728 is saying, the Wavetable format is used by Serum and a bunch of others. We don’t know what schema @odevices is going to use for the Wavetable Oscillator unit yet. I just bought the whole pack to be safe and to be able to use it with a lot of different plug-ins and other equipment.

1 Like

Yeah for the extra few $ it probably worth getting the full monty, that way whatever you end up with you should be able to process them and get a new set suited to whatever wavetable synth happens in 2023!

Lets face it, while there is infinite variety in waveforms, with a set like this you’re going to be busy for some time and I am struggling to imagine what anyone could do to better this really. Unless anyone has any revealing insights here?

Oh and another thing to note, the 64bit pack comes at 96KHz not 44.1KHz - but as them mentioned in the description for this pack, it’s really only for extreme use, the lower rate files are more than good enough.

1 Like

You’re going to bury your faces in your palms, but I went with the humble 24-bit option. There’s some sort of a crossgrade option, should I need more formats. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for the hint! Need to dig in, I won’t say I’ve tried every AKWF waveform, but it’ll be nice to see how different these feel like.

Haha, not at all, it’s perfectly fine - think they’re going to be loads of fun!

Enjoy :smiley:

1 Like

You too – feel spoiled with the 301 additions and now this. Christmas in Waveform City!

1 Like

The ER-301 supports WAV24 and WAV32(floating point) but not WAV64(floating point) at the moment. I wasn’t even aware that 64-bit floating point WAV was a thing!

3 Likes

What happens if we load in 16bit wave files?

WAV8 and WAV16 are also supported.

Currently supported file formats are…

• WAV8: 8-bit signed integers
  • WAV16: 16-bit signed integers
  • WAV24: 24-bit signed integers
  • WAV32: 32-bit signed integers
  • WAV32(FP) : 32-bit floating point

Any sampling rate.

4 Likes

These are modified on the fly in actual use though right? Or have I totally got it wrong? :smiley:

The samples are loaded into RAM at their original sampling rate but the values are converted to 32-bit floats because that is what I use for computations. Except for the Native Player, re-sampling to the proper playback rate for the DAC is done in real-time. The Native Player assumes the audio is sampled at the firmware rate (48kHz or 96kHz) and acts accordingly.

Ok thanks… I knew something happened with this!

I am a little confused now, does it really matter? Is there a best practice? My conclusion now is actually the 32-bit version is probably the most sensible to use?

I converted all the samples from here:

Sound Samples | Philharmonia Orchestra

from mp3 to 32-bit floating point wav @ 48kHz so that they can be used in the raw player.

You can find them here:

Sound Samples | Philharmonia Orchestra | WAV

They’re organized into individual zip files by instrument. There’s ~3.5gb total.

Enjoy!

7 Likes

Single Cycle Waveform Editor:
http://scw.sheetsofsound.com

3 Likes

It’s a pretty old topic, but after experimenting some noise and strange artifacts using the AKWF Single Cycle waveforms, I decided to get the Galbanum package. I have to say that the difference in sound is HUGE, so I recommend for all of you guys using those units to get that package. It makes a difference.

4 Likes

what do you mean by huge,

and what difference does it make?

i experience no noise and no artefacts with the akwf waveforms, thousands of users worldwide use them daily in soft- and hardware.

1 Like

Well, when playing low voices with those single cycle waveforms I heard some kind of low noise artifacts, which have disappeared with the new 32bit waveforms. I don’t know if anyone have noticed this, but in my case was pretty obvious.