Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Slice CV - 1v/Oct addressing

Fairly sure I requested this on the older Google groups and searched here but adding again just in case.

I would really appreciate having the option, for the sample player, to be able to use the chromatic semitone 1v/octave pitch CV standard to select slices.
Trying to figure the right voltage for slice N is becoming a bit tedious when I know I could just select note N on the ER101. (At the moment I have to modify the CV table every time in have a new sample with a different number of slices.
Maybe this could be an option in the unit or be grouped with the slice insert settings in the admin area?

Thanks!

+1 and I’m sure quite a few people want this too

A more general question to all 'Sample player’s users but related to my request:

Is everyone else finding that if you have two slices in a sample the only way to choose the 2nd slice with the bias is to set it to exactly 1.0?
It’s sort of weird to have a range of 0-0.998 to select the 1st slice & only 1.0 for the second…The same is true when using an external CV, to select the 2nd slice I have to put the maximum CV in and gain of 3 to hit that equivalent 1.0 spot.

I’m running 0.1.6pre-patch-10 (actually 11).

Hoping that the 1v/Oct semitone addressing will come sooner rather than later :slight_smile:

Ah yes, of course. This is trivial to fix so I’ll do it right now so it will be in the next release.

I’ve been usually putting a slice at the end so that this less of an issue.

Thanks Brian, just so I’m clear the fix is related to the observation I made regarding the 2nd slice addressing as opposed to my request for using semitones from the 1v/Oct standard?

That’s right!

Howdy y’all,
Is 1v/oct sample slice player available yet ?
Is this planned to be implemented ?
I didnt see it on the feature request list.
How are people making planned sequences/beats using sliced up sample chains ?

It seems like being able to have each key on a keyboard play the next sice would be the way to be able to use it more like a sampler.

So how are people doing it ?

I think you just set it to 12tet?

Oh, set the slice grid to 12tet, oops, totally forgot about that somehow.

Sorry havent played with it for quite awhile…
I’ll try when i get back…