Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Slice fader not doing anything

Hello. First post and like everyone else loving this machine.
I can’t seem to get the slice fader to do anything. I assign triggers to move through he slices but nothing happens. This used to work, don’t think I’m doing anything differently. Just moving the slice fader up does not move through the slices.
I have experimented with various grain amounts. I have rebooted. I have changed the sample. I have changed the sample player. I have tried different trigger inputs and different triggering modules and no difference.
Maybe I need to re up the firmware. PLease someone help. Thanks.

I mean gain amounts not grain amounts. THanks

Did you set Play Extent to ‘slice’ in the unit’s menu?

Yes set to slice not all

Those triggers were set as the input of the slice subchain?
You‘d usually give those inputs some gradually moving voltages, e.g. lfos, Slow envelopes.
But maybe I misunderstood, the gate input would need some trigger/gate signal to actually start a slice playing, relative to the cv input in the slice subchain…

Hi ya. No sorry I ment cv to the slices I’m using. It worked before so don’t know why not now. Just updated the firmware. But still no change. Everything else works as it should. I must’ve done something weird

Try this:

1. Load up a Varispeed Player and attach a sample with 5 slices.
  2. Set Play Extent to ‘slice’, CV-to-Slice Mapping to ‘index’, and Slice Polarity to ‘symmetric’.
  3. Make sure the bias of ‘speed’ control is set to 1x.
  4. Set the bias of the ‘slice’ control to 0 and manually fire (i.e. S3) the ‘gate’ control. The 1st slice should play.
  5. Set the bias of the ‘slice’ control to 0.25 and manually fire (i.e. S3) the ‘gate’ control. The 2nd slice should play.
  6. Set the bias of the ‘slice’ control to 0.5 and manually fire (i.e. S3) the ‘gate’ control. The 3rd slice should play.
  7. Set the bias of the ‘slice’ control to 0.75 and manually fire (i.e. S3) the ‘gate’ control. The 4th slice should play.
  8. Set the bias of the ‘slice’ control to 1.0 and manually fire (i.e. S3) the ‘gate’ control. The 5th slice should play.

Hi. Yes that all worked fine but how does that help?

which cv source are you using? add more details.

Hello and thanks to everyone for replying. I’ve have now got it working. It was human error. I was trying to trigger the sample from the wrong place instead of in the gate section. All good now. Thanks once again.

1 Like

I’m curious to know where you were trying to trigger the unit from? I have a guess but your feedback will help.

Hello. I had placed the incoming trigger to the left of the varispeed sampler

1 Like

This was a good question
:grin:

1 Like

Indeed!!:grimacing:

2 Likes