Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

So what are you listening to?

Nothing to do with modular, just curious to know what everyone’s listening to!

Lately, I’ve been listening to James Hunter in the B/G while reading, Gunship while driving and the Pixies sitting around with my cat!.

Love gunship! Also some mitch murder!

I’ve been listening to a hodge podge at work though. Mainly some White Lies, Nils Frahm, Killers, Brandon Flowers, and a few others.

Been listening to a lot of R Beny’s YouTube videos as well. Great stuff! Need to pick up one of his albums.

This is also a song on repeat quite often:

Lowlife - I don’t talk to me

This is also an especially good cover the Chromatics did of I’m on Fire:

Running up the hill is another of their songs which is really good.

2d

Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!

The Knick OST – Cliff Martinez’s brilliant soundtrack to a great series. The blend of 1900th century visuals and minimal electronic sounds is just stunning.

GAS - Narkopop – brilliant, moody atmospheric ambient stuff. Probably the most gripping ambient music I’ve heard:

Currently checking out the new releases from Four Tet, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith and King Krule.

Oh, and of course The Petrified Forest by our national hero Biosphere.

The new Four Tet is niiiiiiice!

Been listening to our very own @vcoadsr’s Serious Lies and Jogging House on the modular front. Ladislav Vycpálek on the classical side of things. Some random Zamilska but the track “Fuckfray” way too many times. Finally DakhaBrakha as they are the next group I have tickets for.

The Orb first album
KLF chill out
JMJ Electronica
Colin Benders on YT

That annoying ding sound that Outlook 2016 makes when you receive new email. :slight_smile:

I’m really looking forward to checking out The National’s latest album Sleep Well Beast this weekend though.

Love that new fourtet too and loads of brainfeeder stuff!

My current favourite

Saw Voigt perform this a couple of weeks ago - completely mesmerising… and one of the best gigs I’ve been to in a long time

Pino Palladino :sunglasses:

Ahh, must have been wonderful. Pretty envious of this one :slight_smile:

One of my favorite current “rock” trios. Long, tense grooves, sound beds, lots of delayed guitar work. :thumbsup:

Here is one I can’t seem to stop listening to:

It is STG doing his cover of this Tangerine Dream track. Just great stuff.

2d

Love these guys.

If you ever get the chance to see them live, do it. It was a mind-bending experience. I’ve never seen more fog used by a band either. Even more than Sunn O))).

Hilarious… i was thinking… man that sounds almost exactly like this:

And then realized that Tangerine Dream did that soundtrack :slight_smile:

I’ve had this song stuck in my head the past few days:

Some Canadiana for ya!

and this one:

I’m convinced most indie synth bands all play at the same tempo :wink: