Some new Units to share

Yes that’s what I meant, didn’t have the 301 infront of me so I missed the decimal. Also awesome to hear it can be done with existing units. Yay!

Joe, a tutorial would be amazing! Really appreciate all your hard work!
Was also thinking it would be just as useful to remove the odd numbers and just have a unit that can double or half the speeds of the sample players and delays. Like a multiplier and divider for a cv value. Anyway looking forward to to tutorial.

2 Likes

2018-Oct-14
NEW UNIT: Timed Gate
JANITORIAL: Moved Voltage Bank, Maths, and Logics to Mapping and Control

Timed Gate
timed%20gate
The Timed Gate unit generates a gate signal of a specific duration when it receives a trigger at its input. coarse and fine are both time controls, and are summed together for the total gate duration.

If the Timed Gate unit receives additional triggers while it’s output is high, the behavior is determined by the mode option in the header menu. In ignore mode, the additional triggers are simply discarded. In extend mode, the gate duration is extended by the sum of the coarse and fine settings from the time the trigger is received. In other words if the gate time is 2s, and it receives an additional trigger at 1s, the gate will continue high output for 2 seconds, so it will have stayed high for a total of 3s.

In ignore mode,holding the input high will cause the gate to retrigger immediately when it reaches the end of its cycle.

Download: Joe-s-Bespoke-ER-301-Units-14-Oct.zip (27.1 KB)
or
Github: GitHub - SuperNiCd/Joe-s-Bespoke-ER-301-Units: A collection of units for the Orthogonal Devices ER-301 Sound Computer Eurorack Module

14 Likes

yesss! so useful! you got the idea while making the tutorial for the quantized offset?

1 Like

Actually this one’s been planned for a while. I wanted a way to completely switch out a mixer channel for another one for like 4-8 measures or so. For example completely switch up a track or two for X measures for more of a chorus or bridge kind of feel. Or sub in a drum fill for exactly 2 beats queued off of a Clocked Random Gate. But the tutorial the other day reminded me I’ve been meaning to build it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Joe-s-Bespoke-ER-301-Units-Ported-to-v0.4.04.zip (27.9 KB)

@Joe, here is a port of your bespoke units to v0.4.04+. I hope it helps!

EDIT: This version has faulty Compare and Timed Gate units. Use the files from this post instead.

8 Likes

Awesome, thank you Brian!

Hey Joe, did you put the ports in your repository, or will you somehow preserve the legacy versions for backward compatibility? Maybe there needs to be a 0.3 and 0.4 branch for people who want to use the stable firmware?

I have not updated the repo yet. Most likely master will be for the stable firmware and I’ll make a new 0.4 branch.

Since I don’t gig, have any particular production deadlines, and we have not reached 1.0 firmware, my intent is to always be running bleeding edge, and develop against that without any regard or even testing for backward compatibility.

So master will probably remain frozen (bug fix only) with 0.3 compatible units until we get to 0.5, at which point 0.4 will merge to master. Or at least that’s what I’m thinking at the moment.

We identified yesterday that Timed Gate is not 0.3 compatible due to Middle Layer feedback routing that was introduced in 0.4.02, so units that are not backward compatible already exist.

2 Likes

I’m on the latest firmware (0.4.5) and just ran through the bespoke units to see if they work well and ran into a few errors. These are the ones not loading:

• Compare
  • Timed gate

Also Scorpio doesn’t load but that one is not ported.

error.zip (1.6 KB)

2 Likes

Should be fixed now. Apologies!

Joe-s-Bespoke-ER-301-Units-Ported-to-v0.4.05.zip (26.5 KB)

8 Likes

@Joe WOW!!! Not even sure how I missed this topic … I need to get back to my ER301!

2 Likes

Thanks so much @Bparticle and @odevices! Now all I need to do is tidy up the repo. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Joe, I followed instructions and they’re not showing up. Put the .zip in the libs folder and unzipped it. Was there another step?

That’s pretty much it. Can you confirm you have this path on your SD card

\ER-301\libs\Joe-s-Bespoke-ER-301-Units

and that the folder contains an init.lua file (along with a bunch of other .lua files)?

yezzir, confirmed. I also tried rebooting :grinning:

I’m not really sure, @pico. I think @Unity2k reported a similar problem early on. If I recall, he backed up, reformatted, and restored the SD card, and that fixed it. So you might try that, though I have no idea why it would be necessary. Other than that, we may have to ask @odevices for some help troubleshooting. There really aren’t any more steps - it should be simple.

i can try that. what formatting do i use on the card? Hey Brian do you have any suggestions? @odevices I tried deleting the folder and putting it on afresh and still it doesn’t show up under experimental units.

I would use the ER-301 to format it. Flip the switch to Admin and go into Card Console.

By the way, only 1 or 2 of these units are in the Experimental category now. Most of them have been moved to a more appropriate category. Don’t suppose the problem is you’re just looking in the wrong place for them?

1 Like

You said they aren’t showing up under Experimental, do you see a “Bump Scanner” under Mapping and Control?