Some new Units to share

Nah, not stupid. It’s not super obvious if you have never used github. Click that green Code button. A little popup will open. There’s an option there to download a zip file.

Thanks man. I think Ive somehow blocked pop ups so I was doing that and nothing was happening, ended up doing it manually

@Joe I can’t seem to get this to work - what am I doing wrong? I drop the zip into an folder and then I unzip it. Do I need to do something else?

on your computer extract from the original .zip file the contained folder (called Accents-Master) , rename it to just Accents then move it to your sd-card under the /libs folder.
the end result is sdcard:/ER-301/libs/Accents/

1 Like

Wow I feel dumb - they were there all along. But I was looking in the wrong spot. Thank you!!

2 Likes

aaaah ok, you thought of them like custom units or presets… its surprising at first how well they integrate with the factory firmware :slight_smile:

1 Like

these are great. Thanks as ever @Joe

1 Like

Hey @Joe

I’m trying to use the Voltage Bank unit for the first time and I’m a little confused about how to properly access all the indices. Many of the modulation sources in my rack that I’d want to use to modulate this are 0-5v. I find that when I set the gain to a maximum of 8, 5v still can’t hit the 8th voltage slot. I tried editing the controls to allow for more gain but things started being a little counter intuitive because the visual stopped lining up with the index slider.

Am I missing something? Is there a way I can use a 0-5v source to index through all 8 slots?

Also… tried using a yellow segment on Stages (0-8v) and I find that even with max gain of 8, it still won’t quite reach the final index. I tried sending exactly 10v via Teletype and it seems like it goes past the 8th index. I guess for now I’m going to put a linear VCA after my voltage source and just leave the voltage bank index slider’s gain to 1 and try to figure out how much gain to use on the VCA to get the full range, but it’s kind of unclear to me what the relationship between volts and indices is at 1x gain or 8x gain…

Of course… my 301 skills are a bit rusty so I might be missing something here… would appreciate any pointers you might have!

1 Like

first thing you can do is set the 301 to display the actual values of the parameters (if you didn’t do it already)
system settings>Units> Displayed values for unit control readouts = actual

this way you’ll always visualize the real position of a slider, the real numeric value of whatever parameter you are controlling, htis helps a lot to understand how to modulate stuff.

1 Like

ah thanks… that is definitely helpful!

still confused about the choice of default range for that voltage bank index :thinking:

1 Like

I’ll take a look. Could well be designer error. :wink:

1 Like

Ah great stuff! Thanks joe. I love expanding the 301… what a terrific unit

1 Like

Thank you @Joe for making all these units available and for all the helpful information you have contributed here for new users like myself.
I have one question regardfing the XFade unit: I am not able to modulate the xfade parameter, am I doing something wrong or is this a known limitation? I can assign a modulation source but nothing happens when I turn up the gain.

Hey @Arrgrr, happy to hear my efforts have helped you! I will have to take a look at the XFade unit. I certainly don’t think there’s any inherent limitation around this. If it’s not working it’s probably a bug in my code.

1 Like

Great, thanks for looking into this :grinning:

I am posting the final version of Accents for stable firmware version 0.5.04 here. I am not planning to maintain this version of Accents anymore, because it won’t be compatible with future firmware versions starting with 0.6.x. All new development will be for the 0.6.x+ firmware.

For Accents v0.6.x, please see this thread.

For firmware 0.5.04, please use this download for a compatible Accents version.
Accents for Firmware 0.5.04 stable.zip (65.4 KB)

5 Likes

Hello @Joe , i’m working on porting Cristiano Bocci and Giorgio Sancristoforo’s Tropical Additive Synthesis in a custom unit for the er-301, this type of synthesis requires the mathematical operator MIN, which you kindly provided us via your Accents Maths unit. now, the problem is, i need more than two ports if i want to add more than just two harmonics, it might be possible to add to the maths unit and eventual other units the ability for the user to define the number of “channels” to be processed via the mathematical operator chosen? if not, can you please provide a version with, say, 8 channels? of course only if and when you have time and if you enjoy doing it :slight_smile:
thank you in advance in any case! big hug.

1 Like

You can construct any N-port MIN using a hierarchy of 2-port MINs.

3 Likes

hello Brian, thanks for answering, thats what i thought , like this: MIN ((MIN(a,b)),(MIN(c,d)) but i think it doesn’t work for the purpose of my patch…

i correct myself , i was making a big mistake, now it works! thanks!!!

2 Likes