Some new Units to share

Modulating a counter’s step size with pingable random and clocked random, and then using this to drive pitch, easy patterns!

Cheers!

10 Likes

pingable scaled random, what does levels do? I had assumed it was some kind of level quantization but now I dont think it is.

It is output level quantization but you have to activate it in the header menu before the control does anything.

2 Likes

Ahh!

Can you do me favor and post this patch here? I tries fo get this setup working, but seem to fail in so many places. Hopefully analyzing it helps me to learn putting the pieces together…
Thanks!

2018-Sep-15
FIXED: Logics unit, added missing modulation sliders for true and false controls (thanks Brian!)
NEW UNIT: Voltage Bank

Voltage Bank

voltagebank

This unit stores up to 8 voltages in indexed slots. It is essentially a selectable array of sample and holds, or you could think of it as a lookup table. The signal you’ll sample into each slot goes into the front (left) of the unit. Firing trig samples/stores the input voltage into the selected index.

The header menu contains three options to control the output.

input: echos the unit input, so essentially the voltage array is bypassed. However, firing trig will still grab the current voltage into the index. Useful for hearing the result of what will be stored in that index to help you build up the bank.
index: outputs the value stored in the selected index
sum: outputs the value stored in the selected index, summed with the input (useful for transpose, for example)

Direct Download: :Joe-s-Bespoke-ER-301-Units-15-Sep.zip (114.0 KB)
or
Github: GitHub - SuperNiCd/Joe-s-Bespoke-ER-301-Units: A collection of units for the Orthogonal Devices ER-301 Sound Computer Eurorack Module

19 Likes

Great stuff Joe, thanks for your ongoing contributions!

1 Like

@Joe - wow man you’re on bender of awesome!

1 Like

;O
we are entering the realm of low level voodoo!
grrrrreat!!!

1 Like

Oh my lord that voltage bank is CRAZY! Didn’t even realize this was something I really wanted until right now!

Also just need to express my thanks for the clocked random gate, I use it in literally every patch. I love having a bunch of things being triggered by one (or a couple) and slowly upping the probability. So gooooooood!

2 Likes

You are reaching Ninja level status. Thanks Joe amazing work!

3 Likes

Q04.save (25.8 KB)
So this is the quicksave from slot 3.
Out 1 has the machine loaded into it and it is being used as an input on Out 3&4 for stereo verbs, so 3&4 are main outs but the brains are in Out 1.

Beyond that a clock was being provided externally to A1, each clock input represents a step in the counter and is also clocking delay units and the random behaviour.

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot to mention, i have a single cycle wave loaded into the sampler.

Cheers

2 Likes

Completely awesome, thank you.

Thanks for sharing. I can’t open it, but probably because I’m doing something wrong. (I never imported a Quicksave yet.) The “.save” means probably that this is a fw 04.03 Quicksave? I copied it to ER-301-> v0.4 → quicksaves → slot3", but when I’m trying to load it it says “slot 03 empty”…

@iPassenger

Q01.save is the most recent save in the slot, Q04.save contains the quicksave from 3 saves ago.

@rklem

Everything you did is correct except the quicksave screen only sees Q01.save in each slot. So rename it to Q01.save.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, it worked! Learning a little more day by day…

Ahh in that case have uploaded wrong one, sorry, will sort

here are all four Qsaves, had thought biggest number slot3.zip (13.5 KB)
was newest, sorry.

Whoa, I had no idea we had a quicksave history! Is that new or did I just miss it before? Makes me wonder if there will be a history view in the UI someday, but I won’t ask. :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Thanks, but why four? One Quicksave saves the state of all four channels.