Some new Units to share

Great stuff Joe, thanks for your ongoing contributions!

1 Like

@Joe - wow man you’re on bender of awesome!

1 Like

;O
we are entering the realm of low level voodoo!
grrrrreat!!!

1 Like

Oh my lord that voltage bank is CRAZY! Didn’t even realize this was something I really wanted until right now!

Also just need to express my thanks for the clocked random gate, I use it in literally every patch. I love having a bunch of things being triggered by one (or a couple) and slowly upping the probability. So gooooooood!

2 Likes

You are reaching Ninja level status. Thanks Joe amazing work!

3 Likes

Q04.save (25.8 KB)
So this is the quicksave from slot 3.
Out 1 has the machine loaded into it and it is being used as an input on Out 3&4 for stereo verbs, so 3&4 are main outs but the brains are in Out 1.

Beyond that a clock was being provided externally to A1, each clock input represents a step in the counter and is also clocking delay units and the random behaviour.

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot to mention, i have a single cycle wave loaded into the sampler.

Cheers

2 Likes

Completely awesome, thank you.

Thanks for sharing. I can’t open it, but probably because I’m doing something wrong. (I never imported a Quicksave yet.) The “.save” means probably that this is a fw 04.03 Quicksave? I copied it to ER-301-> v0.4 → quicksaves → slot3", but when I’m trying to load it it says “slot 03 empty”…

@iPassenger

Q01.save is the most recent save in the slot, Q04.save contains the quicksave from 3 saves ago.

@rklem

Everything you did is correct except the quicksave screen only sees Q01.save in each slot. So rename it to Q01.save.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, it worked! Learning a little more day by day…

Ahh in that case have uploaded wrong one, sorry, will sort

here are all four Qsaves, had thought biggest number slot3.zip (13.5 KB)
was newest, sorry.

Whoa, I had no idea we had a quicksave history! Is that new or did I just miss it before? Makes me wonder if there will be a history view in the UI someday, but I won’t ask. :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Thanks, but why four? One Quicksave saves the state of all four channels.

I believe the quicksaves are different versions of it, just thought I’d put them all up. Evolution of the patch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, I see. Thanks!

1 Like

I said I would make a video for those who wanted to change the categories on these bespoke units to meet their preferences. This is that video! I’m just going to leave it unlisted on youtube, so this will be the only link to it. Feel free to ask questions if anything’s unclear.

EDIT: I demonstrated how to eliminate a unit by commenting it out. I’m not sure I’d actually recommend that. The reason is that down the line, if someone builds a custom unit that you want to try, and it uses that unit, then it will fail to load it, and much confusion will follow. :slight_smile: So if there’s a unit you want to not see, maybe just stick it in a category called “Unused” or something so that it floats to the bottom.

7 Likes

2018-Oct-09
NEW UNIT: Octave CV Shifter

For @cosmicsoundexplorer. Hope this makes your octave shift knob dreams come true!

No video for this one. Just basically drop the Octave CV Shifter unit into your chain directly after your V/Oct CV source, hook the octave control up to some offset generator knob in your case, set gain appropriately, and octave shift away.

Download: Joe-s-Bespoke-ER-301-Units-09-Oct.zip (26.0 KB)
or
Github: GitHub - SuperNiCd/Joe-s-Bespoke-ER-301-Units: A collection of units for the Orthogonal Devices ER-301 Sound Computer Eurorack Module

PS - @odevices, the edit link on the first post seems to have disappeared for me, so I can’t replace the lib download link in that post. Do they lock for editing after a certain number of days?

16 Likes

How about now?

That did the trick, thanks! :slight_smile: