Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Some new Units to share

bespoke-unit
custom-unit

you’re kidding me…:pray:

1 Like

It should already be doing both, though I have not really tested it in a scenario where the closing would be of interest. It’s basically quantizing every movement of the signal in the level subchain to the zero crossing points of the input signal.

I try not to disregard any requests, although some I’m more capable of actioning than others. :slight_smile: Maybe try it and see if it works for this use case by putting a gate instead of an envelope in the subchain? I think it might.

0 Likes

Hello,
I’m not seeing your units in my ER-301/libs folder. Any suggestions on what I need to do?
I’m only 4 days in on my ER301 learning journey. Sorry for the newbie Q.

0 Likes

First, please confirm that you’ve tried following the instructions in the top post. :wink:

0 Likes

They should appear in both “Category” and “A-to-Z”. Are you saying that they only appeared in “A-to-Z”?

1 Like

Yes, big thanks Joe. Can’t wait to jump into the Voltage Bank again this weekend with the changes.

Amazing, I love this forum, so many amazing folks willing to share their knowledge. You guys have inspired me to up my game. So inspiring.

Here’s to another weekend of sonic experimentation!!

Ypsi Kid

1 Like

@Joe Stupid question, but the difference between a toggle control and gate control would be the gate control would require an open gate to switch whereas a toggle control would switch between the controls (so send a gate once and toggle to A, send it again and toggle it to B)?

Just wanted to be sure I understood this correctly for the Voltage Bank change you were discussing. If so, I agree with rklem, toggle makes sense.

Cheers.

Ypsi Kid

0 Likes

That’s right. The gate style needs to be held high to maintain the bypass state. The toggle style switches each time the voltage goes high, so you can send triggers to switch between states.

1 Like

I had the same issue – when I first installed them, they only appeared in “A-to-Z.” Once I loaded one of the units from “A-to-Z,” all of them appeared in “Category” and have ever since.

0 Likes

hey @Joe, found a possible bug. insert a Scorpio Vocoder, if you click on the unit’s header you get a crash “ooops! something went wrong” etc… reboot required :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Thanks, I’ll look into it.

1 Like

Hello @joe, thanks for all these utility units, respect.

Been playing with the carousel clock divider today and not getting a predictable result. If the first divider is set to 4, for some reason the first fired division occurs on the 3rd clock. When I do a reset, the reset counter has a value of 1hz. When the divider accepts the first clock the counter changes to 2hz and subsequently the divide by 4 fires on the 3rd clock(4hz). However, after that, the divider fires correctly on the 4th clock. each time the clock starts the divider starts on 1 before it’s counted a clock.

The divider is being feed an external clock. I looked through this thread and watched the video you posted but I can’t figure it out, might you have an idea as to what’s going on here

0 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t think I’ve even loaded the CCD since we moved to 0.4 firmware. I just tried it, and I agree it’s not really working right anymore. I’ll add it to my list to look at and see if I can fix it for the next version.

1 Like

I spent some time with CCD this evening. I think it’s working as expected after all, and you can get a predictable result from it. What I didn’t remember that confused me is that if have multiples of this CCD unit, and you change any of the dX values in any of them, you’ll have to send a simultaneous sync event to each to get everything back in sync.

The “Hz” value above rotate is which divider is selected. “Hz” is not the unit of measure here. Ideally it would have no unit of measure, but I don’t know how to get rid of it; think it might be hard coded to the gate control.

The “Hz” value above reset is d1’s current count. It’s confusing and I’ll set it to 0 in the next update.

To get a predictable result, just set the dX dividers to the division you want them at. If you are using more than one instance of CCD, send them all a sync after the dX values are set. If you change any dX values, send them a sync again. With that you should be able to use the rotate trigger to change the rotation of any of them and get a predictable result.

Does that help? Or did I misunderstand your point? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for taking a look at this so soon Joe. The issue I had was simply that the reset counted as the first clock. At the beginning of any sequence the division would only count 3 on the first cycle because the reset was also considered the first pulse. But I will have another go using all this additional information you have kindly posted.

0 Likes

Let me know how it goes. If this unit still needs some tweaking I’m happy to try to do it.

0 Likes

Thankyou I appreciate that.

0 Likes

Hey Joe - I love your work - thanks so much for doing this bunch of custom units!

I would love to have a simple compressor in ER-301. I have been thinking about pursuing it in LUA, but I’m definitely not there yet, and will be starting my endeavours in coding on Arduino first, before moving on.

So - a reaquest for a compressor unit is hereby submitted! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey @Simontl, thanks for the compliment! I will probably avoid attempting a compressor. I’m not sure how to do it justice in the middle layer. Also, if you look in the SDK docs, Brian already has a c++ layer compressor object stub. So my assumption is that’s on his list to offer as a built in at some point.

2 Likes

Found a potential bug with Logics:

I’m using pretty much the default settings (true=+1, false=0) with the NOR op

When I reload a quicksave that uses the unit with those settings, here is the initial behaviour:

• When A and B are BELOW threshold, it outputs 0
  • When A is ABOVE threshold and B is BELOW threshold or vice versa, it outputs 0
  • When A and B are both ABOVE threshold, it outputs -1
    *So, neither the correct logic or outputting of the stored values set for true/false

But when I reselect NOR as the op from the units menu:

• When A and B are BELOW threshold; it outputs +1
  • When A and/or B are ABOVE threshold; it outputs 0
  • This is the correct, expected behaviour

Some kind of issue when it’s reloaded from a quicksave?

0 Likes