Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Some new Units to share

custom-unit
bespoke-unit

Where is that setting? I’ve never even seen it! :thinking:

I’m on ‘holiday’ without the ER-301 (what kinda holiday is that, you say! ) - so it is possible that the most recent firmware just has it on by default. I think it said “Allow Experimental Units”.

I think it’s been removed in the current firmware. Unless I am somehow just managing to miss what’s right in front of me. Looking in Admin->System Settings.

Maybe it was deprecated out when the categories (such as Experimental) were added?

this is genius !! thx a lot to Joe and the all the passionates !!

sorry! got late to this. @Joe made it clear, as usual! best

2018-Aug-12
NEW UNIT: Bespoke Ensemble
NEW UNIT: Bespoke Aliasing Pulse

The Bespoke Ensemble is similar to a chorus effect. When used in a stereo chain, you can select inputs (left, right, sum) and it will create a stereo effect. On mono channel it will produce a mono chorusing effect.

The Bespoke Aliasing Pulse is a pulse oscillator with variable width for PWM.

Both of these units are what I’d call “convenience” units - they could be built with the UI patching language, but this makes it more convenient.

Finally, I’ve moved some of the previous units out out of the “Experimental” category. These new ones are in Experimental. Open to suggestions if you there was a better category than what I chose.

Download is updated in the first post, and Github repo is updated.

great!!! the ensemble sounds lovely!
i noticed the bespoke pulse has a slight offset towards positive. i had the same offset using the clock module as pulse vco in my latest chaos and pll units,only more evident (iirc it was totally in the positive phase). i put a -0.5 offset after the vco and solved it. are there practical reasons not to do it? (and out of curiosity, have you used the clock-hz as a starting point as well?)

Actually I noticed that while I was making the video and fixed it before uploading the new lib. It should be centered now. But thanks- good catch!

This one uses a sine oscillator and bump scanner.

ah wow! interesting method!

These sound great, thanks for posting. The oscillator especially is something I like for big blade runner style synth pad sounds. The ensemble I can imagine makes this osc sound huge with modulation.