Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Some [working] units: normalization, quad switch, trigger to gate with reset

So, here is a thread [don’t worry I won’t post as much] for units I made. The first uses a VCA to reduce the amplitude of a signal, out1, to the level of a2. a1 resets it. It works via counters [an ingenious solution], and I wanted to go for a fine grain over speed: you would need to go through at least 2500 cycles before reaching zero amplitude.

linear-unipolar-vca-amp.unit (7.5 KB)

2 Likes

This is a quad sequential switch I made and Joe tidied up into a unit. It works with [four] counters, and uses a fold so that the counters are aligned into a series as soon as you load the unit.

Switch 4.unit (21.4 KB)

3 Likes

This adds a timed gate [trigger to gate converter – set to three seconds here] to the chain, triggered by a1. a2 will then reset the timed gate, so that gate goes low until it receives a trigger from a1 again. The timed gate is set to extend, so that further triggers from a1 will start the three second count for the gate over again.

It works simply by muting the timed gate, via a counter [set not to wrap] that is reset by a1.

Please do let me know if – in my haste – any unit is unfinished / not properly tested.

reset-timed-gate.unit (6.6 KB)

This may seem pretty useless, but will be used in the next unit I upload: it outputs a gate signal if out1 falls and is over a1.

gate_fell and less a1.unit (6.5 KB)

I guess it could give an idea of those unfamiliar with the er-301 what the top layer allows [without coding I mean]. I’m relying on Joe’s accents units, which used lua [which would make this more fun]

I’d be interested in a layman’s explanation of how the fold units are used align the counter values. I don’t quite get it.

1 Like

Ok well from memory… a fold unit can easily / efficiently fold a series of values [and that’s what a series of triggers are] around another. Give each switch out a value in your mental space, 1 to 4. You don’t need to fold 1. You need to fold the third trigger 3 so that the second time it gets a trigger is higher than when it gets 0 1 or 3 triggers.

Then adjust the gain and bias settings on a VCA for that mixer so that whatever value the fold will generate on the second trigger opens the VCA the desired amount, and all other – lower – values close it.

Repeat as necessary for other switch outs.

1 Like