I’d like to share a Unit I’ve been fiddling in the last couple of days!
It’s a simplified version of a Reaktor instrument I made few years ago for performing whoosh sound effects.
Please use 48kHz firmware. The unit is CPU intensive, currently ~70%
ER-Swipe_2.1.zip (5.3 MB)
To load it link 2 channels of the ER-301, insert a Custom Container, then Load the preset Swipe_x.x.unit
THE MAIN CONTROLS ARE:
Swipe(A1) : your main parameter, it will affect the volume, high frequency damping, pitch shifting and panning.
RndPara(A2) : will randomise the the speed parameter of all the samplers.
RndSmp(A3) : will randomise the Slice parameter of all the samplers.
For best results use Sample Pools filled with many (preferably mono) looping textures so that randomising them will always give you a different but consistent blend of content.
Doppler : will scale the amount of pitching the swiping will do to the sound
Tremolo & TreRate : respectively activate and modulate the speed of the tremolo. The Swipe control also influences the Tremolo Rate so that the frequency is slower around the centre and faster around the edges.
Source(B1) Crossfades between the Jack Input 1 and the Loop samplers allowing to choose one or the other, or a balance of the two.
Impacts Dials in an impact sample which gets triggered around the middle of the Swipe control. By default it also Ducks severely the Loops. To bypass this behaviour go to Swipe/Swipe/Processing and bypass or the “Duck” unit altogether.
To add samples to the 3 players open the Custom Unit then Swipe/Loops/A B or C, then “Select from Pool” on the sample player.
To change the behaviour of the Swipe control you can drill down to Swipe/Control then change the table associated with the respective aspect: Pan, Amp&Doppler or Damp. This will change the response of the the Swipe Control.
!!!Please be careful of where you place the the folder, the 301 will expect to find the wavs here:
- Correcting Ramp wrong reference
- Adding a handful of samples for easier user introduction
- Splitting Randomisation controls into separate gates
- Adding Live Input and Source control to blend between Loops and Jack input 1
- Adding Impacts sampler that triggers at centre of Swipe control
- Adding Ducking for Loops when Impacts samples play
- Adding HPF post Limiter to avoid low frequencies build up
- Removed one Sample Scanner unit to make up for increased CPU load
- Improved naming for Control section to inform the user what each Scanner does
- Minor improvements and tuning