Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Teletype units

Wonder if these would benefit from being renamed to “I2C” instead of “teletype” at somepoint , now that there’s more 3rd party offerings like the the 16n and possible nerdseq.

1 Like

And crow! I know al, the just type commands are gonna be available

1 Like

But i2c (the hardware layer) is not the relevant distinction. It is the protocol that is relevant and the protocol used here is the Teletype protocol. It would be like renaming MIDI to UART or USB. The 16n is speaking Teletype over i2c, just like a Novation Launchpad speaks MIDI over USB.

4 Likes

Gotcha!

• Eurorack module. 2hp. +60mA, -15mA (TODO confirm).
  • Hardware i/o: 2inputs, 4outputs, 16bit, [-5v,+10v] range
  • Full lua environment, 64kB of local script storage
  • USB device, for communicating text(!)
  • i2c leader & follower, multiple crows can share responsibilities
  • MIDI input on TRS cable (top-most input only)

Seems like it should work (edit : it looks like the serial side isn’t decided - if you read the full crow github this could be fanatic for the ER301 - possible route to get cv out of the 301 within the i2c ecosystem already in motion

4 Likes

whooooah! really?
do you think it will be possible even if one doesn’t have any other i2c stuff, just 301 and crow? if so, instabuy!!!
more info more info more info pleeeeeeeease :slight_smile:

indeed crow could get very interesting for er301. but as I see it currently more on the midi input side of things (and scripting that midi to units logic like sequencers… etc)

for cv out we would need new tt output units and fetch them from crow. I doubt er301 gets into i2c master territory any time soon, given its focus on audio. would love cv out though :slight_smile:

1 Like