The Bounty Hunters project 🦜

Thanks for the support Neil! and thank the community that inspired the project! Oh well, alright I’ll take credit, if you insist :joy:

By the way, your latest contribution pushed the Karplus strong/modal resonator project over the 100$ edge, so that’s a milestone right there.

1 Like

The custom colored pixel-art ER-301 app is done and the product is on sale as a launch action. @NeilParfitt I added a yes/no checkbox to leave the ER-301 text out, no pressure :grin: (seriously, I just thought it was a good idea to make that optional)

This is the color picker app Pixel app @ Modular Motel

4 Likes

Looking at it on my iPhone, i only see the colour of the shirt but there’s no er301 graphic shown regardless of the pallete selected. Bug?

Ah yeah, good thinking, should have checked the svg placement on mobile. Yeah definitely a responsiveness issue, thanks! I’ll look into it asap.

EDIT: @NeilParfitt I fixed some bugs on iPhone, should be fine now.

1 Like

This is actually something I’ve been wanting for a while now! Endorphin.es has an effect in some of their modules called the “freezer/looper” that records a small loop of audio and gives control over the loop length, speed and direction as well. I would love to have a unit that does this in the ER-301 :heart:

2 Likes

Please add Polyphonic Multisample player to the wanted list.
As described here:

:partying_face:
BIG CELEBRATION for the completion of Polygon by @tomf that was backed by the Bounty Hunters project (but obviously would have been created regardless)
:fireworks:

The project finished with:

• 15 people who donated or bought from the MM shop
  • A total of 105.1$ raised

The finished project consists of three amazing units with buckets of depth and character and state of the art documentation on the hub ER-301 hub - Polygon, but does the man’s generosity end there? Oh no it doesn’t: the generated funds are going entirely to the following initiative, as a donation from our community to the community of Afrorack:

Since I’m personally over the moon about this project, and the idea of raising money in this way in general, Modular Motel (that’s me) will bump the amount donated from our community to 150$. Anyone who missed the fund raiser and still wishes to jump in, let me know!

This is the dedicated thread of the finished Polygon project:

19 Likes

Hell yeah, I love afrorack. Glad to see support for them.

4 Likes

An inspiration for and push of generosity to the youth @Bparticle . Bloody marvellous. @tomf that’s a beautiful gift

1 Like

@tomf Done

5 Likes

Well, @tomf actually matched our donation with a donation of his own :smiley: so in the end 300$ gifted from our community to Afrorack.

As this is the first successful conclusion of a Bounty Hunter project, I will use it as a blueprint for future projects and make the bounty "award" charity-based only. This will not only simplify my personal book keeping but also generate more community drive and communication between different parties involved. Also it will be much easier for projects with many contributors. We would just need to agree on the charity by voting or whatever decision-making method and send the money off when it's done (instead of dividing it between parties and quarrel about who did what and how long that took, no fun at all). I hope everyone agrees that this is a good idea!
12 Likes

I love this idea, and hope it spreads. I think this could be a really cool blueprint for others to use. I would love to share this around with other communities when we get things figured out!

1 Like

I haven’t had much time for promoting the Bounty Hunter’s project and will suspend the shop for the time being, or at least downgrading my web shop to a free plan. So you can still buy stuff to promote projects, but there will be less pictures and less products.

2 Likes

Bummer. I get it though!

As a follow up to previous message, I’m inclined to end the Bounty Hunters project BUT there is still 222$ left in our piggy bank. I would love to donate this to one of the Ukraine charities if the community agrees.

• YES
  • no

0 voters

3 Likes

The votes are in :slight_smile: 100% in favour of donating the left over funds to charity! The Bounty Hunter’s project has been suspended, and 250€ has been donated to the local Red Cross organization (in Belgium) to provide food, water and medicine in the Ukraine conflict. Most of this money was raised by this lovely community and I’m proud that we can have a real impact in this way. I’m leaving the shop open and anyone who wishes to do so can still buy ER-301 related merch to further support Ukraine charities.

20 Likes

damn…I only JUST saw this…to see its shutting down. [lack of activity?! :frowning: ]

at least the money given will do some good. :+1:t6:

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry you missed this! We kept it active for a while but I guess we’re not enough people to keep it alive. I don’t have a ton of time myself and we there are many moving parts. Who knows maybe we can start it up at some point, if demand grows.

I just bought a shirt and it arrived VERY quickly and is of wonderful quality. Thanks so much for keeping the shop open and happy to contribute to the fund. If you make ER301 soft enamel pins I’d be very much interested btw…

3 Likes

That’s great!! Thank you for contributing and letting us know it’s all still working as intended :bowing_man: Enjoy the shirt and yeah, pins would be really cool. As I said earlier, we can start back up with fairly little effort when there is demand or need.