Track cv changes

still wrapping my mind around the incredible depth of this device, i have a novice question – possibly very simple:

i’d like to track a V/oct signal and create (short) pulses whenever this signal changes (eg. by one note » 1/12th volt). any walkthrough as for how to achieve this?

This is actually not that easy!! It’s known as a slope detector, i.e. it outputs a gate/trigger on a voltage change…

This is not implemented as a Unit, I think all the components are there to make it work in the ER-301, but I really need to do it and check because it will probably require quite a lot of units!

I’ll have a go :slight_smile:

hehe… kind of glad there isn’t an obvious solution (≠ i’m stupid) :slight_smile:

maybe this thread is another approach:

Almost there… but something not quite right, lets see if anyone can spot where it’s going wrong… I know the answer, but can’t think of a way to resolve it :smiley:

Audio Rate LFO (a) > S&H Trigger (b)
Audio Rate LFO (a) > inverter > S&H Trigger (c)

Incoming modulating signal going to both S&H inputs so each S&H is sampling the incoming signal alternately!

S&H Output (b) > Mixer channel 1
S&H Output (c) > Inverter > Mixer channel 2

This should cancel the signals out except where there is a change in pitch, i.e. the alternating S&H triggers allow for a time difference and therefore a signal output when the difference is there!

here is where the missing bit is what is required? *

Mixer channels 1 & 2 out > to a sample player with a pulse and the threshold to trigger from the output of everything above and you’re there…

I wish the missing bit was there as this would make a very nice patch :slight_smile:

• I am being slightly mean, I’ll give you a clue, it only works when changing from a lower to a higher voltage!

haha! so cool! – you actually gave it a shot! :rose:
gonna try to reproduce later… thanks kel!

Of course… a major part of the fun with the ER-301 is that you don’t need $$$ of modules to try things out, I’m having a ball and loving every update that expands the possibilities!! :smiley:

SPOILER ALERT

Don’t read if you want to try and figure it out for yourself :slight_smile:

I just found out that the envelope follower acts as a rectifier - this is now a fully operational patch!!

Works a treat :smiley:

edit: posted as a Custom Unit here:

Ace. :slight_smile: