Transit Module

Add me please!

Figured that from the connector. :wink: Apologies for asking such a vague question. I clearly didn’t put down all of the words that were stuck in my brain. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s try this again:

Have you had any problems with the Teensy 3.6 booting up on the 5V supply?

Some folks, myself included, have had trouble driving the Teensy 3.6 off of some Eurorack power supplies (not all). The voltage ramp rate at start puts the Teensy into an unresponsive state. Flicking power off and on again really quickly can (most times) get it going. On my TELEX units, I drive it from 12V using a regulator - but I think folks driving it from 5V have also had some problems as well.

My solve was to make a little daughterboard for the 3.6 as I was adapting it into a pre-existing circuit. This effectively delays the processor boot until the voltage has passed a certain threshold over time. All of the details, including links to the forum posts where folks way smarter than me figured out the solution, are here:

4 Likes

Super interested in the 2hp version of this. Is it still in the works?

1 Like

also interested in one of these 2hp midi modules put me down on that list please

also very interested in this!

20 characters of interest!

Still anxiously awaiting this beauty!

Dang, another thread to stalk!

Congratulations! that sounds like a dream job!

1 Like

Congrats! And, bummer!

Best of luck at the new job, and hopefully this project can be resurrected after a little break.

1 Like

Sorry if this has been covered already, but will transit enable i2c connection with the 16n similar to the txb? (i know, i’m a n00b)

Definitely had high hopes! But good for you and congratulations! Hope we will see this module in some form or another soon enough!

@anon17137829 Thanks for bringing all that this far. And the very best of luck where ever you might move to. Keep us updated no matter what))

From my point of view, I have an i2c stack already implemented, so it would be unnecessarily obstinate to refuse to add a couple more message types to it just because I have no love for MIDI.

I use a Lemur on my iPad to control a lot of things, so being able to control the 301 from the Lemur would be amazing-so just another +1 for hoping that we can use MIDI to control the 301 some day.

Does the above quote mean that even if we use some sort of arduino midi ->i2c converter like this that the 301 still won’t respond to it currently? Thanks!

1 Like

May I ask which company?!? I just noticed no one had yet, but wasn’t sure if that was gauche? :slight_smile: Either way, congrats!

@anon17137829 I am about to build my own MIDI to ER-301 based on your code - do you have any idea if it’s possible to hook it up simultaneously with 16n Faderbank, which is a I2C master device?

1 Like

As far as I know the 16n is constantly sending I2c messages (and midi messages, maybe because the faders aren’t very “stable”.)

I once tried two masters on the same bus but that doesn’t work.

If the faderbank is the master, it might be possible to host the “midi to I2c” code on the same Teensy (?) I haven’t tried that yet because my Arduino C knowledge is not that good. I’m waiting for the release of Crow :wink: but that’s worth trying…

2 Likes

congrats with your new job!!! wow!
but i hope to see you around here none the less :smiley:

1 Like

I’m working for Buchla.

Are you working for them in California or Minnesota?

As I’m getting a 301 again (never should’ve let it go), I wanted to double check that this works as-is if I provide the teensy + hooking it up. It seems like 3.1 is no longer available, but it seems like I can sub the 3.2.
Any idea of whether using a usb otg adapter with an additional usb power input to connect this to my usb midi controller + provide power to the teensy will work?

Many thanks.