Transit Module

Sorry, I always get host and device confused… I want to plug in a dumb midi controller (not pc/ipad/etc). Midi fighter twister to be specific. This will work, no?

Thank you!
Do I need to modify the sketch on github at all for this?
Sorry I know this is on-hold, please feel free to tell me to leave it alone.

is there any news about this project?

Hi @anon17137829! Any plan to get back to this wonderful idea? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m would have no problems paying/sponsoring a few coins for this (the software bit) the din midi and USB host functions would make it perfect for me! (Midi truh would also be a great addition)

Foundriser time? Or maybe it’s the time that’s lacking as usual?

1 Like

Another question, would it work with a teensy 4? As its cheaper, smaller and has usb host :slight_smile:

for sure. btw, there’s also this going on:

2 Likes

Any news on the dropped notes? or did the teensy development stop completely?

And hope you get a better place to live soon!

could you post the latest version for the teensy on github? And reposting my noob question: would this work on any teensy? more specifcly the new 4.0? never worked with teensy but have a bunch of arduinos laying around, maybe they would work to?

Tried to upload to an Arduino, the i2c_t3.h seems to be teensy specific, maybe I could use wire.h instead? and about the teensy 4, it seems the i2c_t3.h is not updated to support teensy 4.

I guess my safest bet to get something working with your code is buying a teensy 3.x?

just a little OT out of curiosity: is there any MIDI to I2C alternative on the market?
Even not Eurorack but some external box for example.
Best

check this out: ADDAC221 i2c - Equipment - lines

Mine should arrive later this week, hopefully.

i heard on the lines forum that there is some development on a usb-i2c “adapter”
otherwise its the 16n or crow

thanks @mah I’m looking for a usb or MIDI Din → i2c converter cause I wanto to use my own MIDI controller. I’ll probably end up with a naked raspi and PureData to make it fast :slight_smile:

can you use the 16n as an i2c midi adapter? is so i assume it wouldn’t have usb host mode.

Are you interested in converting MIDI notes?

It looks like the stock firmware will convert MIDI CCs to I2C, but it’s not a general purpose MIDI-to-I2C converter. That task is akin to MIDI-to-CV conversion, and requires a bit of interpretation and mapping that is lacking in the 16n/8m firmware.

Drillionaire’s MIDI_2_301 sketch (which presumably would be the basis of the Transit firmware) has a good range of functionality. Somebody could port that functionality over to the 16n firmware without too much difficulty, if they were so inclined.

2 Likes

That helps a lot.

@warpigs330 for completeness: scannerdarkly’s branch does support MIDI notes!

so if you attach a 16n to a midi host like a computer (or an axoloti), you can send midi notes to the er301 over it yes…
though I wouldn’t expect a rock solid polyphonic converter (it seemed kind of a bus limitation when I tried, but that feeling is not based on hard facts)

2 Likes

I think there’s still work for you to do back in 1955:

Have you contacted Tomas from XOR? looks like your criss crossing each other a bit and would both be able to help the other out? Tomas is a lovely guy