Triggers WAVs for the Sample Player(s)

Hola!

Attached are some WAVs I made that can be used in Sample Players to trigger various other things.

Each one is an exact 4/4 measure @ 120BPM with a triggers at the following common divisions:

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 24, 32

Cheers,

Neil

TRIGS 120.zip (34.7 KB)

9 Likes

Well that’s pretty smart! Thanks :slight_smile:

Excellent! I’ve been meaning to do this for ages just haven’t got round to it yet as I’ve been too busy with preparing for gigs - I was going to extend this idea to Euclidean triggers too…

Here’s a self contained Divider Module. This can be put anywhere that needs a rhythmic trigger.

RESET - restarts the clock upon gate - assign this if needed!
MEASURE - VISUAL INDICATOR (don’t assign anything here)
DIVISION - VISUAL INDICATOR (don’t assign anything here)
DIV - 0 = whole note then linear spread of 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 24 and 32 note to bias 5 - assign a source :slight_smile:
SPEED - 0 = 120BPM - assign a source :slight_smile:

How it works:

The Measure control contains a Sample Player with a pulse per measure @ 120BPM. It’s trigger control is fed from the Local “Reset” and the Speed is fed from the Local “Speed”.

The Division control contains a Sample Player with an audio file that has all the pulse divisions within, sequentially. Each division type is pre-defined with a slice. The slice parameter is controlled from the local “Div” fader. Trigger is fed from locals “Reset” and “Measure”. Speed is fed from the Local “Speed”. So when you change the Div fader, it’s selecting a different position in the audio file that has less or more pulses per measure :slight_smile:

If the custom control preset can’t load or find the files for whatever reason, the Sample Player in measure should be assigned to “120 BPM 1 .wav” and the Sample Player in Division should be assigned to “TRIG 120 DIVIDED.wav”

neily-divider.lua.zip (1.7 KB)

put in root-samples folder.zip (15.7 KB)

7 Likes

Awesome - thank you!!!

At this rate I might end up with a rack of ER-301’s (not really!)

1 Like

There is some part of my brain that has already started encouraging the rest of my brain to order a second…

This looks really useful @NeilParfitt! I’m excited to check this out!

2 Likes

Two is immensely liberating, I don’t ever have to worry about running out of things, although it does come close sometimes hehe

Two is highly recommended :smiley:

1 Like