peter blasser’s quantussy from the ciat lonbarde cocoquantus, brought to the er-301. the ‘tritussy’ custom unit is a three petaled flower, each petal containing a triangle wave oscillator that can be cross connected to the other petals in different ways - from very slow lfo speeds to high audio rates… designed to give many options for spiraling, unpredictable, but somewhat repeating, fractal like patterns.
Each VCO in cocoquantus clocks two S&H. One S&H is sampling one of the other VCO’s triangle wave. This is the S&H that produces the ‘castle’ output. The other S&H samples the castle output of the other VCO and this is fed through a VCA to FM the VCO that is doing the clocking. The VCA’s control input is the Chaos pot, which controls the level of FM on all the oscillators at once.
the front panel consists of -
- vcas for each vco & castle out (summed into the main mix out) edit - keep the sum under/equal to 1 to avoid clipping
- a three way range switch for each oscillator (cvable which isn’t possible on the cocoquantus)
- fm inputs (blue jacks on the cocoquantus quantussy) that can act as individual frequency controls for each petal
- toggles that turn on and off the blue leds (the 2 sample & holds for each petal turn into track & holds) and the yellow leds (changes ‘partner’ vco, see ‘overview’ link above) in the center lozenge for each petal (green jacks on the cocoquantus quantussy, very fun modulating this with any of the 3 vco outs)
- a global speed knob, and a global ‘chaos’ knob, which sets the modulation depth for all the cross modulations (the global knobs are also cvable, which isn’t possible on the cocoquantus)
- each individual vco/castle output can be tapped in the local routings, scrolling all the way to the right and selecting a choice with 5 asterisks (vco 1 *****, castle3 *****, etc)
there are 3 versions (mono only) -
packaged for v 0.6.02
Tritussy.pkg (45.4 KB)
v 0.5.04 - 0.4.27
_lite (2 petals, blue lozenge LED, 30%)
tritussy_lite.unit (181.6 KB)
_min (3 petals, blue lozenge LED, 51%)
tritussy_min.unit (270.3 KB)
_max (3 petals, yellow & blue lozenge LEDs, 69%)
tritussy_max.unit (378.7 KB)
firmware v 0.4.27 or later, requires accents. everything looks good in v 0.6.02 as well but feel free to ping me if somethings not working. to get started, turn up the vco 1 panel control and turn up the chaos knob. vcos are triangles and castles are s&h unless the blue leds are on. the lite and min versions are great as audio/modulation sources for @scttcmpbll’s ‘trash echo’ custom unit!
would love some feedback! (im new to this and there’s probably plenty of room for improvements). i made this to better understand the coco as well as the custom unit architecture of the 301. and i hope this is interesting to others looking to explore the amazing world of ciat lonbarde