Two uninteresting requests

1. the top and bottom of signal displays should, IMVHO opinion, be dotted just like the middle and half points are. Just difficult, or at least confusing, to read as it is.

signal%20display

1. maybe a stupid request, but what about super / parent global chains? I’m not talking about anything more fancy than grouping global chains together. The only real reason for this is so that after using some number of global chains [my last attempt involved six or seven] they can all be deleted or returned in one movement.

I don’t think either suggestion would radically alter workflow. Cheers :slight_smile:

I don’t quite understand the first request. The solid border delineates the header of a chain. How does making it dotted improve the readability of the scope display?

What does it mean to “return” multiple global chains?

Load?

Did you notice the sub-commands presented when you have the header area focused?

Maybe he wants to merge in a preset clump of globals vs a full replace? That’s my best guess.

1 Like

I mean delete / load a group of chains, not all or nothing.
dwai

ah well allow me to illustrate with a screenshot…

issue

Is the scope reading 1 or -1? Or perhaps it is off the scope display altogether?

In fact it reads 1.

2 Likes

I like your illustration. This vexes me sometimes when I’m quickly trying to determine the state of a gate signal. Maybe instead of changing the border of the scope window, the height of the scope could be compressed such that it is barely within the window instead of line-to-line with it.

This I can understand. :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah this… I just wouldn’t have put it like that hah.

Not gonna happen though, I guess? The only selling points are a. some users may find it useful and b. it won’t alter workflow.

Is loading chains possible through middle layer? If so you might be able to make a LUA “playlist” of your desired chains.

I’ll definitely take the request into consideration when I next look at the UI for globals.

FYI: Only in special circumstances (such as when I’m already working on doing exactly what was requested) will I make any promises or definite answers with regards to the future of a feature request. In general, they just go on a “list” and when the time comes this “list” is used for direction and inspiration, and not as a literal to-do list.

4 Likes