Units requests

I would like to start a thread about units that we would like to see develop by OD in the near future.

For me right now it’s mostly dynamics modules. I know i can build a compressor with VCA and env follower but i much rather have a CPU efficient units.

I would really like to see a Upward and Downward Compressor, a Gate/Expander and a Transient Enhancer added with the next update if at all possible possible.

The possibility of putting these units in multiband containers makes it a pretty rare chance to have multiband dynamic in eurorack!

3 Likes

I would like to eventually see a more lush stereo reverb. It is one of the few effects I need to go to another module for.

We’ll see what OD says but I hear making good sounding reverbs takes years of development.

1 Like

While I would love to see that too, I don’t know if that would be the best use of the limited CPU on the 301 and there are already so many wonderful standalone reverbs out there to choose from.

2 Likes

I have a feeling when the SDK becomes available that some user(s) will add some reverbs

1 Like

I was thinking of trying my hand at a simple compressor soon, figured it wouldn’t be too complicated. Maybe it’s prudent to include a gate in the same unit just to give it some flavor.

2 Likes

You mean in Lua?

Oh yea at the lua level.

I want to make a shift register in the c++ layer if that ever opens up, since it’s pretty hard to do in the middle layer.

2 Likes

Happy nerding has been cranking them out like there’s no tomorrow for the FX Aid. Idk how many different reverb algos it has but it’s a lot and most of them sound great!

I would like to see a polyphonic (trigged overlapping playback) sampler. I know it’s possible to set something like this up but it’s a pain and not convenient at all. Would be nice to just be a unit.

i also wish there is poly sampler as a unit and wouldn’t it be nice if it is built in v0.6 and is fast and less cpu consuming

1 Like

IIRC doesn’t manual grains basically do this?

1 Like

Joining in on the multiband dynamics/transient processing/upwards compressor. Just basic components for compression/limiting will handle all of that. There is 0 of that in Eurorack except the XAOC Katowice which is just an EQ/bandsplitter.

Really though it seems like the most challenging units to develop are reverbs since most famous good-sounding algs are owned and licensed and developing new ones is awful.

This is not really a “unit” request per-se, but now that all the default units are open source, I am requesting that someone make the variable speed players polyphonic! Would be so so amazing if you could play multiple playheads/slices with a keyboard all on the same sample buffer. Anyway, just echoing some of the previous posts about this.

I guess we can check this one off the list :wink: https://er301-hub.netlify.app/docs/lojik/register

Nice to see this thread being bumped with the code all open source and some people cranking out fantastic units. I was toying with the idea of including some sort of “bounty hunter” page for units. More as a way to keep track of the communities needs and wishes :thinking:

2 Likes

That’s a cool idea. +1

where could we make requests to the guys that have made packages. [I couldn’t code my way out of a wet paper bad :frowning: ]

lojik’s euclidian clock is SICK. and it would be cool if you could set the Beats, Length and Rotate as mod destinations. id like to be directed to a spot where I could make a proper request.

Ha just ask me in the lojik thread :slight_smile: There actually already is mod destinations for beats, length and rotate if you press enter on the circle to go to the sub-view!

you know I had a feeling there was. I was gonna add “if they aren’t already there”

thanks man. appreciate the reply AND the awesome werk. love the package! :+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6:

1 Like

Might already be possible, but pitch detection / tracking from an audio signal would be cool.