Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Units requests

I would like to start a thread about units that we would like to see develop by OD in the near future.

For me right now it’s mostly dynamics modules. I know i can build a compressor with VCA and env follower but i much rather have a CPU efficient units.

I would really like to see a Upward and Downward Compressor, a Gate/Expander and a Transient Enhancer added with the next update if at all possible possible.

The possibility of putting these units in multiband containers makes it a pretty rare chance to have multiband dynamic in eurorack!

3 Likes

I would like to eventually see a more lush stereo reverb. It is one of the few effects I need to go to another module for.

We’ll see what OD says but I hear making good sounding reverbs takes years of development.

1 Like

While I would love to see that too, I don’t know if that would be the best use of the limited CPU on the 301 and there are already so many wonderful standalone reverbs out there to choose from.

2 Likes

I have a feeling when the SDK becomes available that some user(s) will add some reverbs

1 Like

I was thinking of trying my hand at a simple compressor soon, figured it wouldn’t be too complicated. Maybe it’s prudent to include a gate in the same unit just to give it some flavor.

2 Likes

You mean in Lua?

Oh yea at the lua level.

I want to make a shift register in the c++ layer if that ever opens up, since it’s pretty hard to do in the middle layer.

2 Likes

Happy nerding has been cranking them out like there’s no tomorrow for the FX Aid. Idk how many different reverb algos it has but it’s a lot and most of them sound great!

I would like to see a polyphonic (trigged overlapping playback) sampler. I know it’s possible to set something like this up but it’s a pain and not convenient at all. Would be nice to just be a unit.