Please put me out of my misery…
I’ve been trying to set up a custom control (linear) to control the cutoff frequency of a LPF and I’m having no luck getting a full range sweep going. There must be a simple thing I’m not doing. Is the v/oct custom control a better option? (which I also tried with no luck). I’ve tried offsets, rectifiers, etc…
Any help would be great!
Please state firmware version.
Sorry Brian. 0.3. Haven’t updated to 0.4 yet due to a gig this Monday.
Sorry for the late reply. I am now finally back in front of my modular.
So both the Pitch (V/oct) custom control and the Linear custom control should be able to give you a full sweep of the LPF frequency.
Here is how I would set it up:
To sweep the frequency linearly:
- Assign a linear custom control
- Set the modulation gain to at least 1000x. The linear control goes from -5 to 5 so this gives you a sweep of -5kHz to 5kHz. If you want a wider range then you can set the modulation gain even higher.
- Set the modulation bias to taste. Here I am using about 2.5kHz.
To sweep the frequency exponentially there are no gains to set:
- Assign a pitch custom control
- Set the modulation bias (tune) to taste.
For completeness, at the Custom Unit, level my example looks like this: