V0.1.6pre: volunteers needed

That’s the right thinking except there is an initial CPU overhead you are unintentionally including in that 5%. To get the real number you would put another SIN after the first SIN and measure again, then take the difference. It should be around 2-3% for the SIN.

It’s the new STRESS EFFECT unit!!! :joy:

1 Like

:smirk:

Sorry couldn’t resist - super silly :blush:

I’m getting stressed out! :wink:

1 Like

The Custom Unit V/oct control type is still tracking a limited range. :cherries:

1 Like

under the most recent firmware if i save a chain of units then try and reload it later it gives me the sad face and says that it is not a file. any ideas on what is going on?

Just a quick patch for some of the especially annoying bugs that you have found.

v0.1.6pre-patch8 CHANGES

• FIXED: limited pitch modulation range on CUSTOM unit
  • FIXED: In Chain Preset Saving, the button release from pressing “Save” was inadvertently activating the “New Folder” option on the next screen.

v0.1.6pre-patch9 CHANGES

• FIXED: creating a new folder while saving chain/unit presets caused .lua to be appended to the folder name.

er-301-v0.1.6pre-patch9-48kHz.zip (1.2 MB)
er-301-v0.1.6pre-patch9-96kHz.zip (1.2 MB)

I believe the following two fixes address your problem:

• FIXED: In Chain Preset Saving, the button release from pressing “Save” was inadvertently activating the “New Folder” option on the next screen.
  • FIXED: creating a new folder while saving chain/unit presets caused .lua to be appended to the folder name.

Here is what I believe happened. When entering the Save Chain Preset screen, you were immediately bumped to the New Folder screen. You entered what you thought was going to be the name of the chain preset file but instead it created a folder with the same name (and added the .lua extension to be even more evil and confusing). Next time, you tried loading this “file” (actually a folder), the ER-301 correctly complained that you didn’t select a file.

Phew. That was a hairy one and many apologies for it.

3 Likes

Oops. Missed this in patch 7. Now fixed in patch 8.

Totally minor bug report: Just installed patch 9. It says “patch 8” under current firmware. I previously had patch 6 installed.

Thanks for letting me know. I have indeed forgotten to increment the patch number in patch 9. However, you can feel confident that patch 9 is indeed installed.

6 Track Recorder

With the new method of navigation in the file browser:

-If recording using the 6 track recorder, it’s not immediately evident that the file has been saved after selecting the folder pressing the Enter button. A brief little “Files Saved” popup/feedback would be really helpful.

-With the new file system navigation, is there a way of making the browsing arrows more catered to this 6 track saving operation? So you could navigate into a folder containing another folder, but would not allow you to move a level deeper if that selected folder contains no additional foldera? Currently, if you navigate too deep… you get a “nothing selected” when you press ENTER. Which is sort of weird as my brain this feels like the final destination of where the files should go and just let me save them there without showing that ‘nothing selected’ dialogue.

-The “Press ENTER to link/unlink/assign” - I was confused at first and just kept pressing ENTER trying to find it… until realized I had to have the cursor between the channels.

It wasn’t immediately obvious so I’m wondering if the smaller display updated depending on where the cursor was placed?

IE:

if a cursor is currently on any channel:

“Press ENTER to Assign”

if a cursor is currently between any channel:

“Press ENTER to Link/Unlink”

*BUGS

I’m trying to figure out how to reliably repeat these:

-on certain occasions the 6 track will show a flashing “paused” symbol, it says “paused”, but the record remaining continues to countdown, there’s card activity, and the record time duration increases. Pressing the Pause button again didn’t do anything . I think has to do with being ‘paused’, exiting the 6 track into the admin… or being ‘paused’ and going back to user mode and then returning to the admin mode.

-on 3 occasions, if I played with the 6track, upon re-recording, the buffer overflow meter pinned and the overflow counter goes bananas.

1 Like

Not sure if this a bug or a feature request but when clearing a whole bunch of units with inputs assigned with limiters on there is a Pop / thud when they are cleared - would it be possible to automute the outputs when clearing all?

1 Like

Why the added ‘switch’ now? Just seems to have added one more button press that wasn’t necessary before?

1 Like

I agree - can’t reproduce easily but had the exact same thing happen with me too - confusion with pause/play flashing graphic as well as the overruns - fixed by a reboot only i believe

As to saving recordings the 6-track still behaves similarly to the chain and unit save from a couple of patches back. i.e. you can only make a new folder , not a new file

1 Like

v0.1.6pre-patch10 CHANGES

• FIXED: Got rid of the intermediate “switch” state on the units.
  • FIXED: 6-track recorder UI behaved weirdly when recording buffers overflowed.
  • ENHANCED: added context-sensitive hints to the 6-track recorder setup screen.
  • ENHANCED: audio is faded out/in whenever you mute/unmute a chain
  • ENHANCED: chain is now auto-muted before you clear or link/unlink channels

er-301-v0.1.6pre-patch10-48kHz.zip (1.2 MB)
er-301-v0.1.6pre-patch10-96kHz.zip (1.2 MB)

5 Likes

Hello! Did something change with quicksave loading on boot with the pre-patch10?

With pre-patch10-96kHz, my unit freezes (just sits on “loading Q01.lua” with flashing LED pattern) when trying to load my last quicksave on boot. When the setting “Restore last quicksave on boot” is set to prompt it seems to be ok, as well as when I load a quicksave manually. This happens with a quicksave made with pre-patch10 with just a sample player unit.

With quicksaves made on older firmware versions I do get a “failed to load quicksave” message when loading via prompt or manually, but on cursory glance the quicksave seems to load and work ok. When I go back to pre-patch9 I still get the “failed to load quicksave” at the end, but I can load the last quicksave on boot without the unit freezing.

1 Like

Taking a look at this now.

The fake “failed to load quicksave” message is happening because the old quicksaves do not have 6-track recorder state (which is now saved with the quicksaves). I will change it so that the absence of 6-track save data is ignored.

Now for that freeze when automatically restoring the last quicksave…