V0.2.x-stable: Thank you!

This is a known issue in the Clock Delay unit at the moment. It has to do with my failed attempt to make it more stable with external timing sources. I’m working on it!

We all know this is beta version firmware, and that these kinds of things may happen. It’s impressive how quickly you get them fixed. Thank you! Linear TZFM is exciting!! :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Whouah ! TZFM thank you very much. And thank you for all your work.

The gain on TZFM is going from -5000 to +5000, is it by choice ?

Yes it is. You will need the large gain to convert the typical -1 to 1 modulation signal to a useful range in Hertz.

OK, thank you.
I just fabricate a 6op fm oscillator, nice.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Understanding Through Zero FM

0.2.12 48k

Uh oh. Is this a bug or am I pressing the wrong button? Can’t seem to add anything except for a linear control to a new custom unit.

Looks like you have to hold s1 or s2 and scroll?

Yep, that’s it, thanks @jonny - user error. It works differently in other places though. Like if you go to select a physical input, and want to switch to globals, locals, pressing S1 multiple times will toggle. Might be a UI consideration down the road for consistency. :slight_smile:

Edit: Looking at them more closely, I see the “selector” cursor is different between them, so maybe that’s my visual cue that they work slightly differently.

Inadvertently removed one of the key properties of TZFM with my last optimization sweep of the oscillator code. :bow:

v0.2.13 CHANGES

• FIXED: TZFM was not inverting oscillator phase for negative frequencies.
9 Likes

v0.2.13 CUSTOM UNIT

Hi Brian,

Custom Unit assigned controllers disconnect if I rename the controller after the fact.

Is that a bug or by design?

Cheers,

Neil

@NeilParfitt, renaming should not disconnect an assignment, however I’m not seeing this behavior in my (simple) test case:

1. Create Custom Unit with one linear control called lin1.
  2. Assign A1 to lin1.
  3. Insert a Sample Player inside the Custom Unit.
  4. Assign the speed control of the Sample Player to lin1.
  5. Rename lin1 to abc.
  6. Speed control is now assigned to abc which is assigned to A1.

Do you see something that I missed?

Hmmm… it was during a big patch. And of course, now that’s not happening. Hmm. :flushed:

One thing I did notice while renaming controls, is that I’m allowed to set a characterless name, once. Is that safe?

No, that wouldn’t be safe. I’ll disallow empty names.

1 Like

2.0.13 48khz mono chain
A strange one, so simple i think it’s a user error :slight_smile:
Only a ladder filter, Q at max, Freq in audio, no sound.
Insert a white noise before it, now i have sound.
Delete white noise, i obtain the nice sin i expect at the beginning.
Very strange…
After that if i play with the ladder filter, sometimes the sound disappears.
The same manipulation give it back.

Self-oscillating filters have to be “set off” by some signal to start singing. In a hardware filter, just the normal noise floor in the electronics is usually enough to do it. In an all-digital filter, with the input not just quiet but completely absent, it makes sense that it could remain silent. Just feed it with a very low-level noise signal and you should be good.

3 Likes

Oh, i didn’t know that bgribble.
But i have some digitals filters which are capable to sing without something in the entrance, probably by conceptor’s choice.

@bgribble’s explanation is correct. I’ll look into adding a small (inaudible) amount of regularization noise to the Ladder Filter inputs.

unless I’m totally missing something - running 2.13
created some massive performance patches. after doing some quick saves and restart it seems like any sine osc I had feeding all kinds of stuff have been reset.

also experiencing system freeze when I try and quick save one very large patch.

Can you please clarify what you mean by [quote=“Lance_Drake, post:302, topic:386”]
seems like any sine osc I had feeding all kinds of stuff have been reset.
[/quote]