V0.2.x-stable: Thank you!

I’m on it and apologies for the trauma! :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Still need to fix the 6-track file clobbering issue and the “signal meter spikes on reveal” bug.

v0.2.1

FIXED: Out-of-bounds buffer access in Manual Grains.
FIXED: Insert button hidden by waveform display.
FIXED: Decibel label on signal meters are now fixed.

3 Likes

Currently the envelope is half-sine:

Control of envelope symmetry is coming!

7 Likes

Mixer Big

If I have mixers in a custom unit, bypass for these mixers don’t work. All audio still comes through.

That’s weird - [quote=“chapelierfou, post:21, topic:386”]
Weird one : if i insert a white noise in a chain, i cannot insert anything next to its right.
[/quote]

Strange - works here.

By the way, I recommend pink noise over white noise for grain randomization.

1 Like

Is this fix global to any scope insert area? It’s easy to obscure the insert in various units depending on what’s happening.

@odevices

Kudos man! The new oscillators sound great and I’m LOVING the grain unit!! I came up with a quick method to emulate Nebulae style time stretching and freezing and couldn’t be happier!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

The output select for the audio preview is a nice touch!

1 Like

If I understand the question, I believe the answer is yes, I got all of the insert buttons.

1 Like

Just installed 0.2.1. Wow! File audition and Manual Grains alone are fantastic. I have a lot to explore here.

Quoting as I just faced the same bug with a slightly different setup. I was triggering the grains with an external 20 Hz square. I set Start to 0.500. I added a White Noise unit to Start, and it immediately muted my chain. Like @jonny’s report, the meters and waveform display were still updating properly. I inserted a Limiter after the Manual Grains unit and the chain started producing sound again.

Haha ! I feel dumb. That’s it, precisely. Some graphical foreground would solve the display issue ?
Are you reading in my mind to know what was my case of use ?? (or maybe you’ve seen this on my instagram ?)

EDIT : Seen the fix, thanks !!

Possible GUI bug:

I thought this was pilot error, but watching again - is this a bug?

If you navigate to 4:51:

-I fiddle with the start time,
-then navigate to v/oct control to assign a source. But I didn’t notice in the moment, that the lower screen jumped to “speed” control instead of v/oct even though I clearly pressed the correct v/oct softkey??

-At approx 5:05 notice how V/oct and start both highlight?

2 Likes

Custom unit

Hrmm - it would appear that bypassing units doesn’t work at all within the main chain of a custom unit. I initially thought it was only mixers.

Ah oops. Bypassing has not been implemented inside the top level of a custom unit yet.

Hmm I can’t reproduce this. BUT you were using v0.2.0 with the huge out-of-bounds buffer access bug right? I can believe that causing all sorts of seemingly unrelated weirdness…

No problem @chapelierfou. It is my job to figure these things out and whatever feedback you can provide along the way is immensely appreciated.

1 Like

Here, hold my beer: [puts Que-bit Nebulae on for sale/trade on Muffs…]

Lordie, this thing is a monster!

4 Likes

Oh man, I am loving the new manual grains oscillator!!!

10 Likes

Correct. I’ll fiddle again with the latest :slight_smile:

playing with the sample player on 0.2.1 48kHz:

• love the auditioning in the browser!
  • wondering whether a continous playback would make sense while you’re scrolling through the list. so if you hit the speaker button once (m6) the playback only pauses as long as the newly highlighted file is loading until you hit stop. this way you won’t have to trigger playback each time…
  • had slow response and then a crash while auditioning 44.1k waves
  • sample pool: ‘purge unused’ is not working, reproduced it several times
  • was so glad about the auditioning function that i instantly missed it when i finally switched to sample pool again: you grab a bunch of samples from the browser (‘enable multi’ is such a smart thing to have) and although your pool is full of usefull data, you would have to go back to the browser in order to figure out which one you want to use
    in which…unless you take notes, which i like to do when i have an elaborate plan. but sometimes you just want to do experiments with that before mentioned bunch of samples.
  • while i am writing these lines a beloved loop is going round and round in a single sample player. or to be exact
    it is supposed to go like the wheels on the bus but sometimes it leaves out a round.
    did not have these on the stable firmware my module was shipped with.
  • should i consider to use only 48k samples? (cpu@7%)
  • since i am rather new around here: love this place! carry on!
  • and last but not least: love that tool made by a leonardo for leonardos and the future ones…
2 Likes