V0.2.x-stable: Thank you!

Yep - it’s a metallic kinda sound. I can’t hear it if the speed is set to exactly 1, 2 or 3… but anything in-between has a that quality.

this was the core of the patch with duplicates of this 301 looper set up

I created a large patch spanning 3 of the channels, and there’s a looper on ch.2 and a Grains on Ch.3 sharing a buffer.

Upon Quicksaving to slot 1, powering down, booting up and then recalling slot 1, everything comes back - except the Grains unit audio. It’s visually reacting to all the modulation assignments - but no audio comes out of it. Even if I re-assign the buffer. Weird.

If I re-init the Grains unit, and re-assign the same buffer file it works… but i have to re-assign all the mod sources.

1 Like

Same here, when I load a quick save that contains a manual grains unit with a saved audio buffer it plays no audio until you reassign the buffer to the unit.

Yes. I’ve had the same thing occur.
The only thing that worked was deleting the grains unit and starting over

That and an embedded player.

Manual Grains buffer assignment bug is in my sights. Thank you guys.

1 Like

Testing…

edit: all sorted - maximum upload about 3Mb this can be upped if you like :wink:

edit 2: mp3 added as well!

3 Likes

That’s awesome! :joy_cat: So clean…

1 Like

Essentially unemployed at the moment and well… not bored, there’s always stuff to do, but I do need to do things for other people for life balance and sanity reasons :smiley:

6 Likes

I’m wondering if it would be possible to get CV over divisions in the tap tempo unit.
Also wondering if a clock divider/multiplier unit could be in the cards at some point.

Great work!!

1 Like

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I got the ladder filter to ‘crash’ by sending the v/oct too much positive CV. It stops passing sound through and you have to delete and re-add it and seemingly all units after it.

Hmm. I thought I had that one licked. Do you remember how much positive it was? What was the input chain?

I can get it to crash by inserting a sine wave into the v/oct modulation of the ladder filter and then upping the level of the sine wave to around 2.2. Bit of an outlier modulation level, for sure, but thought I’d let you know.

1 Like

There seems to be a bit of a dip in volume at the point where I punch out of recording in a sample recorder. Is that expected? You can see it in the image below. This just an oscillator being recorded at a fixed frequency. I noticed something similar using the six track recorder.

v. 0.2.9 48k

Also, is there a minimum buffer length that the Sample Recorder supports? Anything less than 1s, I couldn’t seem to get it to record. I tried buffer lengths as low as 100ms. It creates the buffer and a message says it is assigned. It just doesn’t seem to record anything to it.

And then finally, I seem to be able to hear the Sample Recorder reset back to the start point (0s). I can hear a click, or more like a pop when it resets or loops back to the beginning. The reset trigger was not in use here. Is that expected?

I can post a video or steps to reproduce if helpful.

Curious - what is your dub level set to?

Dub @ 1.00. Fade @ 0ms

A 100ms fade envelope is applied to the record head whenever you punch in or out. So yes it is expected behavior. Is that causing a problem?

By the way, your screenshot (much appreciated by the way!) seems weird in that your recording is offset upwards severely. Is that on purpose?

Just tried this with 150ms and 50ms buffers and I was able to record successfully. Perhaps the problem is related to the unusual offset of your input signal?

The fade parameter controls the fade time for resets and when the play head loops back to the beginning. If you record audio directly into the looper’s buffer then no discontinuities will occur at the ends of the buffer, so I must assume that you loaded a pre-recorded sample into the looper’s buffer that does have a discontinuity at the endpoints but then you disabled the fading (by setting fade to 0) as per your post above. Therefore, you were getting pops.

Hehe was just writing, but you beat me to it Brian… and wrote a better answer than I was writing hehe

The only thing I would like to add is that discontinuity is one of my favourite things :heart_eyes_cat:

I love The Harvestman stuff for being able to control how the discontinuity works - pure magic!

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply!

If there were a switch to disable that or a fader to set the envelope time that could go to zero, it would definitely be an improvement for my current experiment. :slight_smile:

Glad it helped! :smile_cat: The waveform offset was not strictly intentional, but I checked it on an external oscilloscope and the source signal is indeed offset. It is from a wavetable synth. I guess that particular wavetable happens to be offset to only have positive voltages.

Just tried this using a 50ms buffer and a more traditional looking signal. It worked, so your theory seems right on the money. Is the recorder looking for a zero crossing or something? I suppose this signal didn’t have one.

Ok, I wasn’t 100% sure what the fade parameter did, and thought maybe it was related to the volume drop punching in and mentioned above. I will repeat, and leave it at it’s default value and see if the pop is eliminated. It was the same signal as above that I was recording, BTW, not a pre-recorded sample.