V0.2.x-stable: Thank you!

Thank you so much Brian for your work and to your listening of our wishes.

1 Like

I had a weird crash:

I was trying to make a quicksave. I re-named a slot something, completed the naming process, noticed an error, and re-re-named it to another name.

As I pressed enter, the entire module froze and required a hard reboot.

Now it seems like the module has forgotten all the names of my quicksaves ā€“ theyā€™re back to defaults. The saves are there, though. (THANK GOD).

I tried replicating this by re-naming a slot a few times, but didnā€™t have luck. I only had a few minutes to try it out, though.

Awesome update thanks a million! Loving the phase modulation

0.2.14 - Change in Rational VCA Behavior

Hey Brian - I know I posted this in another thread that youā€™ve almost certainly seen. I appreciate that your to-do list must be a mile long and this is certainly not intended to be an impatient nudge. :smiley_cat: Just trying to make it easier for you by putting it in the bug report thread, and adding some video to help document what Iā€™m seeing.

Iā€™ve never encountered a rational VCA prior to the ER-301 but my guess is that the 0.2.13 behavior is the intended one. Otherwise it isnā€™t that different from the linear VCA. Right?

2 Likes

I confirm this behavior, in fact when it is CVControlled the num of the rationnal VCA seems to take non-integers values.

Oops. Looks like I broke the Rational VCA when I fixed the bug in the Clocked Delay. This will be fixed in the next firmware. Sorry!

(and Iā€™ll make sure not to break the Clocked Delay when I fix the Rational VCA. lol)

7 Likes

I donā€™t know that youā€™ve broken the Mixer yet, you might try it next :wink:

A bunch of bug fixes. :bug:

v0.2.15 CHANGES

• FIXED: In 6-track Recorder, saving a single track to a single file will fail if the destination file already exists.
  • FIXED: Possible float pointing exception (division by zero) in the Manual Grains unit when duration is zero.
  • FIXED: Pops would occasionally appear in IN1-4 and ABCD inputs at CPU loads above only 65%.
  • FIXED: Ladder Filter, Sine Osc, Aliasing Saw, and Aliasing Triangle units were not restoring f0 parameter from presets created prior to v0.2.12.
  • FIXED: Unable to re-enable a unit that was loaded from a preset in a disabled state.
  • FIXED: Display process was starved when loading quicksaves or presets.
  • FIXED: Unit control still focused when exiting from a subchain via UP button.
  • FIXED: Rational VCA was not rounding the numerator and denominator to the nearest integer since v0.2.14.
12 Likes

Great thanks Brian.
Particularly happy to see the fix for the 6 track recorder :heart_decoration:

Itā€™s starting to feel like a ā€œStableā€ release :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ran into an issue where a quicksaved chain produced no sound. This was made up with mixers with sample players in them. Added a new mixer/sampler player and it still produced no sound. I reverted back to the previous version of the firmware and it was fine.

Hmm. Did that happen with all of your quicksaves?

Yeah I am getting this too.

Many many apologies for this last one. Iā€™m sure it confused a lot of people. It definitely confused me at first.

However, I think I got it squashed. Itā€™s a weird bug though. As far as I can tell it only happens when the quicksaveā€™s channel linkage matches the current channel linkage.

v0.2.16 CHANGES

• FIXED: Sometimes loading a quicksave would leave the top level chains in a disabled state.
6 Likes

awesome thanks :slight_smile:

As a clarification, what is the behavior if a user does this? Is the old file overwritten, or is a take number appended to the filename?

You are asked if you want to overwrite the file with a yes/no dialog box.

The take numbers are used only when you have multiple tracks or the ā€œSave single tracks to file or folder?ā€ setting is set to folder.

1 Like

Havenā€™t posted in a while but have been following the updates!

New bug I have just come across after updating to the latest firmware.

After loading my quicksave and then creating a new mixer channel (to monitor an external source coming into inputs 1 and 2) no sound is coming through the mixer channel, the level meters are a touch darker, almost like the channel is bypassed even though its not.

The only way I have found to route the external signal is to go to one of my other mixer channels that I have set up with a saw osc / VCA - bypass those two units and then after setting the inputs to 1 and 2 my signal comes through!

1 Like

So after further investigation it seemed like one of the channels loaded with the solo in place causing the problem!

One other thing I have just found is that after cycling the power my quicksave setup is now in mono instead of being 1 and two linked for stereo as it has always been

After relinking the channels 1 and 2 and then reloading my quicksave it then goes back to unlinking the channels and making my saved quicksave mono!

Going to go back to the previous firmware version so I get some work done :frowning: