V0.2.x-stable: Thank you!

Weird one : if i insert a white noise in a chain, i cannot insert anything next to its right.
so for a s&h + noise combo, i have to put the s&h and then the white noise. The other way round, it won’t let me insert anything.

Manual grains is excellent. There are no limits. Wow.

1 Like

Manual Grains is really nice! Can’t wait to see more of this type of stuff.

Anyway, I’ve finally had a total lockup crash - module frozen.

I had a super simple patch going - basically just checking out the Manual Grains.

Trigger coming from Gatestorm into G1 - assigned to TRIG
Modulation coming from Control Forge into A1 - assigned to V/Oct

Nothing special going on beyond that and I noticed some distortion (i.e. the unpleasant harsh audible noise kind) as I was increasing the rate of modulation into audio territory - coming from CF.

I should note that the noise didn’t sound like what you would typically expect from audio rate modulation - it was intermittent harsh digital clipping noise…

At some point the module finally froze…

Again, I wasn’t doing anything beyond what I described - my thoughts are that it could have to do with certain parameters rejecting the audio rate modulation …?

I’ll give it another shot later this evening to see if I can recreate it.

Edit for clarification: I’m running er-301-v0.2.0-unstable-96kHz

1 Like

PS - auditioning files in the browser is a HUGE improvement - thank you!

4 Likes

Manual Grains Bug:

If I adjust to the maximum with a duration > 0ms, if I then adjust the start to lower than 1, I hear a different sample in the pool (that’s not assigned to the manual grains player) being accessed for the duration of the duration setting.

I’m guessing it’s reading ahead the next chunk of memory vs wrapping around to the start of the assigned sample?

1 Like

Manual grains is awesome! I did have some issues when I was playing around with it.

• I loaded a 96k sample while running the 48k firmware and everything froze.

• I tried to trigger it with a sine wave and the chain stopped outputting sound. What’s strange is that the level meter shows the sound level. I even tried switching back to the gate output of my nano rand and even manual trigger and it never came back.

6 Track Recorder GUI

Bug:

-If monitoring a CV source, meters display a value quickly and then the meters drop to -96ish db even if being sent a constant CV source

PS: the db number dancing with the meters still freak me out :wink:

Thank you, everyone. :heart_eyes: I found the Manual Grains bug. It was the size of an elephant. I guess I should have expected that considering I coded the majority of this unit while under the influence of codeine and cough suppressants.

9 Likes

May I reinterpret this bug report as: When I insert a WHITE NOISE unit, the output waveform covers the entire sub display and thus the ‘insert’ button is not visible anymore although it is there and will respond to a press.

By the way it is not technically necessary to put a S&H after the noise in this case because on each trigger, Manual Grains will sample the input parameters and pass the values as constants over to the newly created grain.

Ah yes! I still need to handle the case where you choose a folder containing files that could be clobbered. I will try to handle this by appending “take-N” as needed.

1 Like

Yes, it is on the list :grin:

2 Likes

I’m on it and apologies for the trauma! :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Still need to fix the 6-track file clobbering issue and the “signal meter spikes on reveal” bug.

v0.2.1

FIXED: Out-of-bounds buffer access in Manual Grains.
FIXED: Insert button hidden by waveform display.
FIXED: Decibel label on signal meters are now fixed.

3 Likes

Currently the envelope is half-sine:

Control of envelope symmetry is coming!

7 Likes

Mixer Big

If I have mixers in a custom unit, bypass for these mixers don’t work. All audio still comes through.

That’s weird - [quote=“chapelierfou, post:21, topic:386”]
Weird one : if i insert a white noise in a chain, i cannot insert anything next to its right.
[/quote]

Strange - works here.

By the way, I recommend pink noise over white noise for grain randomization.

1 Like

Is this fix global to any scope insert area? It’s easy to obscure the insert in various units depending on what’s happening.

@odevices

Kudos man! The new oscillators sound great and I’m LOVING the grain unit!! I came up with a quick method to emulate Nebulae style time stretching and freezing and couldn’t be happier!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

The output select for the audio preview is a nice touch!

1 Like

If I understand the question, I believe the answer is yes, I got all of the insert buttons.

1 Like