V0.2.x-stable: Thank you!

Bug 0.2.4:

I sliced up a sample and used the 12TET slice addressing to choose the slices - so far so good, worked as expected I.e. index 0 on the ER101 equates to slice 0 and so on - most happy :grinning:

I then added a second sample player, assigned the same sample and assigned all the same modulations (trigger & CV from the ER101). Now the slice addressing this is all over the place I.e. the same sequence of slices is not played. For example playing a sequence of slices 1,1,1,6 now gives me something like 1,1,1,23. Really odd.

I saved the original sample player as a chain and reloaded & repeated adding the second sample player - same problem.

May I have some more details on what you mean by [quote=ā€œvcoadsr, post:101, topic:386ā€]
I then added a second sample playerā€¦
[/quote]

Inside a mixer? In another chain? Did you set the addressing mode to 12ET?

Ahhh, I think you just isolated the user error!!

Apologies. :worried:

Newly Saved chains put in the chooser menu no longer populate the Unit selection list.

Worked in prior versionsā€¦ or maybe Iā€™m totally wrongā€¦ did this only ever work on a per unit basis??(ie: saving a mixer that had a ton of stuff within?)

Hrmmā€¦ now Iā€™m feeling hazy.

Chain presets never worked in the chooser menu, only unit presets. However, that is a good idea.

1 Like

if itā€™s an easy tweak in a future updateā€¦ yeah that would be sweet!

Loosely-related: is some sort of file browser coming back to the admin area? It would great to be able to move or delete presets throughout the 301 without relying on a computer.

1 Like

I just had an issue where I added a limiter to the end of a chain controlling the pitch of a sine wave and suddenly the machine made really awful loud clicks and then stopped. I deleted the limiter but the oscillators were not outputting any sound. I did a power cycle and added the limiter again and no problem. Just wanted to point out my weird experience.

Just a general report back that Iā€™ve been unable to crash anything. Woo!

Few feedback comments for the Card Player:

-if the filename is long it collides with the verticle lines. Maybe the font should adjust to a smaller size or perhaps auto scroll?

The controls on the bottom screen:

-should ā€œrewā€ be labeled ā€œresetā€ for consistency? It appears to follow the exact behaviour of the actual reset input in relation to the ā€œposā€ sliderā€¦ unless Iā€™m missing something?

-pause / unpauseā€¦ maybe the same pause and play icons from the 6track recorder?

-ā€œLoadā€ in the menu should perhaps be labelled ā€œOpenā€ for consistency. Open makes more sense as itā€™s direct from the card vs loading into the pool.

I notice the selection cursor stops at two positions over the file name/playback position counter. Is there a reason for this?

Lots of great new functionality on the latest firmware. Great job!

A request for slice address modes : if we could chose only either even or odd slices, it would make a world of difference, especially if even or odd could be used along with the three existing modes.

1 Like

FYI

Iā€™m outside of Tokyo at the moment for a drumming workshop. Iā€™ll be back in the office on Wednesday.

7 Likes

4 Likes

I knew Brian is not telling us something :scream_cat:

Disregard my last silly bug report. I havenā€™t had a lot of time in front of the modular lately and forgot that the sample player auto-plays once the sample is loaded now.

Two requests after working with a larger pool of samples tonight:
-Can you add an audition button to the Assign Sample screen? The new audition button in the Add To Pool screen is great, but I often load a lot of similarly named samples into the pool. When I go to actually assign the sample, it would be useful to audition them there as well.

-Was the ā€œSampleLibā€ folder on my SDCard automatically created by the 301? I canā€™t remember. If so, when adding samples to the pool, I feel that the browser should start inside of that folder instead of the root. Itā€™s minor, but it would save a turn and a press.

One unrelated request: Is it possible to add a feedback control to the Pitch-Shifting Delay?

1 Like

i believe that Brian already has this point on his listā€¦

iā€™m not sure whether this was already pointed out somewhere in the forum, but i sure second it.
iā€™m also not sure whether it is my rememberance talking or just my imagination, but an option in future firmware versions on global settings level
called something like ā€˜standard sample folderā€™ might help. although it would raise further questions, e.g.: should this folder contain ā€˜recordingsā€™, too? and a whole bunch of issues concerning the way we all can or should organize our files. youā€™ll find more aspects in this thread:

meanwhile i recommend to name your personal standard sample folder ā€˜0_SAMPLESā€™. this way that folder will appear at the top of any folder list
inside my 301 folder the first folders are currently named
0_LOOPS
1_ONESHOTS
2_long takes
then the other standard er-301 folders
since i am currently working with loops most of the time this way i have a shorter and simpler way of getting
into that loop folder. no turns just clicks. hope that helps for now.
i am now wondering if i could and/or should place my sample folders one level up, i.e. at the level of the ER-301 folderā€¦
will investigate this

1 Like

And Iā€™m back!

1 Like

Looking into this. If it happens again and you can isolate the steps that cause it please let me know.

Good suggestions, Neil. Thank you. As for the ā€œselection cursorā€, that is actually the amount of buffered audio not a position in the file, if it falls to zero you will get a click.

No. The ER-301 does not create any sample folders at the moment. I will be revisiting the file/preset/meta data organization. Please add your thoughts to this thread:

End Of Spice Trigger

Yes. Iā€™m actually going to be reworking the Pitch-Shifting Delay to use the same granular algorithm as the Manual Grains unit. At the moment, they are completely separate.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

No this isnā€™t that little meter, itā€™s the cursor/pointer you can move around across the screen. That little pointer stops within 2 parts of the unit where there isnā€™t anything to focus. Iā€™ll make a vid if it helps, as itā€™s hard to explain :slight_smile:

Ah ok! I understand now. Itā€™s just some soft detents so that you have flexibility in how you ā€œcenterā€ content in the screen. Not really necessary, I agree.