V0.2.x-stable: Thank you!

ah gotcha ok! Whatever you think :slight_smile:

having a whale of a time with the granular sample player.
an apparent bug: after loading a few samples the player stops reading. if I delete the sampler and recreate a new one, it works (using the same sample that didnā€™t work previously). This has happened twice. otherwise, it works great.

after you load a few samples as inā€¦ 2 samples into 2 different granular units?

sorry, I should have described this better. I meant loading one sample, and then another to replace it with the same granular unit.

are you running the latest firmware? ISTR a bug where the channel would get muted that was sorted out in a newer release?

Iā€™ve had a similar problem with samples not playing in the manual grains unit when loading last quick save upon starting up the 301. There is signal on the level meters of the grains unit but no sound coming through. If I delete the unit then reload then the sound comes back.

1 Like

Iā€™m running V0.2.4, which I think is the latest

same issue here

Iā€™m on it! :muscle:

I plan on having a v0.2.5 posted here this week.

8 Likes

v0.2.5 released!

Iā€™m out of the office from June 26 to June 30 and I was hell-bent on getting this release out before I left. So be very wary of v0.2.5 because I might have cut a few corners and only did really basic testing. :sweat_smile:

The highlight of this release is the Global Chains facility which you can access from the admin menu. Here you can create any number of independent chains, name them and then choose them as inputs wherever you would typically choose an external or local input. The Global Chains are saved and loaded with quicksaves. You can also save the state of just your Global Chains as a preset. The prototypical use for Global Chains is to create a chain that generates your master clock so that you can distribute it anywhere and everywhere while only having one place to adjust.

v0.2.5 CHANGES

NEW UNIT: Rectify with full, positive-half and negative-half rectification. Amongst other uses, put this in the level chain of the (normally bipolar) VCA to get a unipolar VCA.
NEW UNIT: Skewed Sine Envelope with skew, duration and level parameters.
NEW UNIT: Fold, splits incoming signal into upper and lower portions, applies separate gains and recombines.

ENHANCED: Global Chains were added to the Admin and Source chooser menus.
ENHANCED: Quicksave slots can be named.
ENHANCED: Envelope Follower unit parameters are now modulatable.
ENHANCED: Added contextual scope views (of unit output) to some more parameters.

FIXED: Zippering noise in Envelope Follower unit.
FIXED: Manual Grains sometimes stops making sound after assigning a new sample.
FIXED: After loading a preset, enumerated options were not reflecting new values.
FIXED: Quicksave UI was shown even if no card was mounted.

13 Likes

awesome! thanks! looking forward to test :heart_eyes:

Whoaā€¦ global chains is going to be fun! Thank you once again for all your efforts :slight_smile:

Hope youā€™re away doing something fun :wink:

When i create a global chain, i canā€™t find it anywhere in the 4 tracksā€™ input sources.

ooo!!

Press the S1 button to cycle through the 3 types of sources: Inputs, Locals, and Globals.

1 Like

Cue video from Mr Parfitt on Global chains!! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh how coolā€¦Neilā€™s already on it???

haha - well i have finish a mix today and then Iā€™ll take the plunge. No video yet! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Global Chains - AWESOME!!!

For fun I went load chains, navigated to individual chains I had save beforeā€¦ pick one, and nothing happens. As weā€™ve put in the legwork on building tons of chains already, being able to add them into the Global area would be pretty rad instead of building stuff up from scratch that we may have potentially built and saved already.

Deleting an assigned Global Chain.

• If I delete it, itā€™ll prompt 'are you sure?" - and after deleting, itā€™s still assigned within chains across the system. Should they be unassigned everywhere or is that so if you make a new chain named the same thing, itā€™ll re-reference the link?

• Suggestion: If the Global chain is assigned, maybe an expanded delete warning such as "are you surer? This chain is used in XX number of chains. Just so the user knows if theyā€™re blowing out a used or unused global chain

2 Likes

At the moment, deleting a Global Chain that is assigned as an input to another chain will stay assigned and continue to generate signal. A Global Chain is only truly deleted and gone when it is no longer used by any other chains.

Iā€™m still evaluating whether this is a bug or a feature. :sweat_smile:

One known bug: If you have assigned a Global Chain as the input to another Global Chain then there is a possibility that assignment will not be restored properly when loading a Quicksave or Globals Preset.