V0.3.x Firmware Workout: Better late than never

I’d like this a couple of times if I could. You’ve inspired me to sample my own out of tune voice.

1 Like

i’m using some AAAAHs of my voice polyphonically, they are perfect for huge pads

1 Like

I’m thinking about the sampling, granular, and rec+looping categories, and my thoughts are generally geared toward the new(er) user. It might be convenient to have an info function like this inside the 301, as opposed to referring to the wiki or the forum as to what e.g. Dub Looper or Raw Player mean specifically (though I certainly do not want to discourage new user participation here!)

In retrospect, my input on this comes during a period of active development esp. within the categories I listed above (names of units have changed over the past few months through dialog on here), so maybe my request is unnecessary at this point, as things stabilize even more.

I understand the concern that by adding tool-tips, you would need to be consistent and add them to every unit, and you might not want to do that for something more objective like a sine.

1 Like

@odevices, apparently there is a conflict with ER-301’s i2c address and Meadowphysics:

I saw you mention that there will be one more 0.3 update before it is deemed stable, so it seems like a good opportunity to iron it out before it goes out on new units. Unfortunately, I’m not sure if this would require a fix on the Teletype side as well (I’m not familiar with the particulars of i2c communication).

3 Likes

I am fairly certain you’re on this anyway @odevices but a little reminder about the consistency in the UI - e.g. the input selection uses the button, but the CU parameter selection uses the knob - I much prefer the button solution fwiw :slight_smile:

Oh and a request for modulation to be added to the Levels parameter of the Quantiser unit please I want control over my destructive tendencies :smiley:

2 Likes

I know this concerns only one of many (many many …) workflows:
But last week I found myself doing several loop based recordings.
I began with choosing the basic loop. I had to remember the thread
where we discussed the possibility of looped monitoring in the
sample browser:

I did not find any clues about it in the Wiki/Tracker other than “more monitoring options”.
Obviously there are more important things on that list.

• I’d just like to know whether those options are still on the list (i.e. implied by “more monitoring options”)
  • And whether it’s just me missing that old school method of monitoring samples in a looped manner?

Just noticed that there seems to be a bug with the Slew Limiter. If you turn the Time up to maximum, the marker jumps to the bottom and the time reading disappears.

That’s weird. It’s not happening for me. What firmware version?

Firmware 0.3.22

Using the Trim operation in Sample Scanner is causing a crash. Tried several samples.

Already reported :wink:

:fireworks: I’m calling this one stable! :fireworks:

v0.3.23 CHANGES

• FIXED: Bypass state of sub-chains was not being restored properly. (@Mooko)
  • FIXED: Global Chains > Chain order was not being restored properly from presets and quicksaves. (@ermina)
  • FIXED: Slicing View > Sample region selection not working in slice navigation mode.
  • FIXED: All Slice Players > Looping broken for negative speeds in slice mode when there was only 2 slices, one at the beginning and one at the end. (@jonny)
  • FIXED: Sample Preview in File Browser > Sample preview UI failed to reset when end of playback was reached.
  • FIXED: Pedal Looper > In a stereo chain, the Pedal Looper undo and overdub functions were broken. (@kilchhofer)
  • FIXED: Destructively editing a sample assigned to the Sample Scanner unit causes a crash. (@iPassenger @rikrak)
  • FIXED: Slice Editor > Slices were not being wrapped around the beginning or end when shifting.
  • ENHANCED: Clocked Stretch and Clocked VariSpeed > Added menu option to specify the ‘Stretch Duration’ as ‘all’ or ‘slice’ (default). When the ‘Stretch Duration’ is set to ‘slice’ then the playback speed will be set so that the current active slice (or the entire sample if no slices) has the same playback duration as the period of the tempo clock. When the setting is set to ‘all’, then regardless of the active slice, the speed will be set so that the entire sample’s duration matches the period of the tempo clock. (@josker)
  • ENHANCED: Grid Quantizer > Levels parameter is now modulate-able. (@anon83620728)
  • ENHANCED: Sample Preview in File Browser > In addition to auto-looping very short samples (<50ms), the preview will now loop or not loop depending on the loop settings of the current unit. (@mopoco)
  • ENHANCED: Sample Preview in File Browser > Added a system setting that lets you have the preview continue playing even if the focused sample changes. (@mopoco)
  • ENHANCED: Slicing View > A new auto-slicer was added, called ‘Slice to Division’, which allows you to slice a sample into N equal length pieces. For correctness and contrast, ‘Slice to Grid’ was renamed to ‘Slice to Period’. (@rikrak)
40 Likes

Excellent enhancements, thanks Brian. ‘Slice to Division’ much appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks Brian, top release - thank you for all your continued hard work.

Some raucous quantiser action is in the pipeline :smiley:

1 Like

Nice one!! Slice to division… yeees!!!

1 Like

Ace! Thanks!

1 Like

Cheers! 0.3 has been huge! Thanks for all of your efforts, @odevices, as well as to everyone who helped identify bugs and suggested features!

Awesome stuff!

3 Likes

thanks @odevices!

<3 thanks @odevices ! this creature gets better and better!

Woohoo!!!

1 Like